The post holder has responsibility as part of the AUEA support staff team for providing general administrative support for all aspects of the Academy’s administrative function, ensuring support is timely, accurate, effective, friendly and professional and conforms with AUEA policies and procedures. There is a 27.5 hour Administrative Assistant companion post with matching duties. The post holder will also be involved at key times to support AUEA's enrolment process for each academic year.
· To provide consistent attendance at the student service counter at specified times daily for enquiries and admin support requests.To support teaching staff with administration of any sort for educational activities.
· To respond efficiently and courteously to internal and external phone messages.
· To process communications to/from parents and other stakeholders using mailmerge letters and electronic mail messages.
· To sort and distribute mail to staff pigeon holes.
· To receive deliveries and ensure collection by staff.
· To prepare outgoing post for collection using the franking machine.
· To organise the central Repro room and attend to the Academy’s photocopiers, arranging engineering assistance to address faults and maximise operational use.
· To order and allocate stationery, liaising with the Finance Officer to ensure best value and adequate stocks.
· To input authorised requisitions to Corero Webportal and place orders as required
· To manage the AUEA administrative forms and to keep them up-to-date on the Firefly VLE.
· To provide reports from the Academy database as required.
· To carry out cover duties when operationally required on Reception and in the LDC.
· To assist the Admissions Manager with aspects of student enrolment as required.
· To assist with organising AUEA events and trips, including transport and catering.
· To act as secretary for the Support Staff Team meetings, the Health & Safety Committee and the Staff Wellbeing Committee, organizing meetings, agendas and minutes with the relevant Chairs.
· To participate in other appropriate meetings within the Academy and to take notes if requested.
· To be a co-tutor and to be responsible for carrying out the duties as set down in the generic tutor job description under the direct supervision of the lead tutor.
· To assist, if asked, with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times, including before and after school and at lunchtimes and potentially on student visits, trips and out of school activities (NB this is not a routine part of the role and would result from an exceptional requirement).
· To invigilate for examinations (this should also be an exceptional requirement).
· To be aware of and to comply with all AUEA policies and procedures, particularly those relating to finance, child protection, health and safety, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting any concerns to an appropriate person.
· To work out-of-hours on occasions on a voluntary, TOIL basis to assist with admissions events and parents’ evenings etc.
· To participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
· To support or carry out any additional administration as requested by members of the Senior Leadership Team.
· Prior relevant experience of administration, preferably in a school environment
· GCSE English and Maths Grades A-C; qualification as a typist also preferred
· IT skills in Word, Excel and Outlook that include ability to mail merge
· Strong organisational and time/task management skills, completing tasks to deadlines and standards when juggling competing priorities and interruptions
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, combined with enthusiasm for providing a high quality service with a flexible/adaptable attitude
· Capacity to work independently with minimal supervision but also as part of a team
· Awareness of and willingness to support difference and ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
· Commitment to supporting and promoting the Academy ethos and contributing to the overall aims of AUEA