Head of Business & Economics
Commencement Date: January 2018
Salary: MPS + TLR 2b (£4,399).
For the right calibre of candidate, we would consider a school wide responsibility for Vocational Education, which would attract a TLR 2c (£6,450) payment. Please indicate in your application if you wish to be considered for the whole school role.
“Teachers plan lively and imaginative activities”
“Students are very proud of their school” OFSTED 2013
King Ecgbert School is committed to providing the highest quality of learning for all students every lesson. We have extremely high aspirations for our staff and students. We are now seeking a highly competent teacher and leader to join the school as Head of Business Studies and Economics to ensure the department is consistently delivering high quality teaching and learning, so that the rates of student progress continue to increase. The ability to teach KS5 is essential.
King Ecgbert School continues to develop and improve towards providing outstanding learning and teaching and our ideal candidate will:
- Be an highly competent teacher of A level Economics / A level Business & Economics
- Exude a passion for Business Studies and Economics which is evident in their day to day classroom practice
- Inspire, motivate and excite the students about Business Studies and Economics
- Have achieved high rates of progress and attainment in their current school
- Be a ‘learner’ and a reflective practitioner
- Be committed to King Ecgbert’s ethos of high expectations
In this role you will:
- Join a dedicated team of staff at King Ecgbert School are passionately committed to our students’ achievement, personal growth and excellence
- Play a critical role in leading our school to provide outstanding learning and progress
- Join the highly successful Mercia Learning Trust with career opportunities Trust-wide
King Ecgbert School is a highly successful and Ofsted recognised ‘Outstanding’ school which provides a first class education for over 1300 students aged from 11 to 18. We are looking for staff who are enthusiastic and are keen to make a difference. This is an exciting time to join the Mercia Learning Trust, with the Trust recently becoming sponsor of the new Mercia School, currently under construction in Sheffield.
Full details are available on the school website: www.ecgbert.sheffield.sch.uk/Staff-Vacancies We hope that our recruitment pack and website provides you with plenty of information about us. However, should you require any additional information, or would like an informal discussion/visit, please contact us on 0114 235 3855 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is Monday 16 October 2017
Interviews are scheduled for week commencing Monday 23 October 2017