When you become a teacher in a GEMS school you join an international education company with a global network of International schools and over fifty years of education experience. GEMS Education is the leading Kindergarten to Grade 12 operator in the world educating over 110,000 children from 151 different nationalities. Teachers at GEMS schools access the company’s professional development programme, one of the largest education training programmes in the world. This ensures the best possible academic outcomes as well as ensuring that GEMS attracts, and retains the highest calibre teaching and leadership staff. To find out more about GEMS Education visit: www.gemseducation.com
About the School
GEMS Founders Al Mizhar School (GFM) is a new value for money National Curriculum of England School opening in September 2018 modelled on the highly successful GEMS Founders Dubai School. Initially it will educate students from FS1 to Year 8 and will build to a full FS to Year 13 School of 4800 students in subsequent years.
The school will have a focus on high academic standards, computational thinking, social and emotional Education as well as inclusivity to allow all students to succeed through a range of academic and vocational pathways.
Alongside well-equipped classrooms, the school will have good sports provision, large open plan learning areas to support innovation and creative problem solving including robotics and 3D printing, a drama/dance studio, specialist music rooms, full WiFi coverage, dedicated science labs, art rooms and libraries.
FS students will have access to attractive indoor and outdoor learning areas. All classrooms will be equipped with large LCD screens to enhance student learning.
The school will follow the National Curriculum for England, offering IGCSE, AS and A level courses in the future as well as a range of vocational pathways.
About the Role
From September 2018 we are looking to appoint a Head of Early Years to support the Principal and to lead the new Early Years team to excellence.
Key responsibilities will be.
- Drive student achievement in FS1 and FS2 to exceed international benchmark standards.
- Lead the development of learning and teaching practices in FS1 and FS2 through a coaching Model
- Develop staff understanding and assessment of the curriculum to ensure robust reporting to students and parents.
- Identify and lead quality professional development for teachers
- Develop a culture of excellence based on continual reflection and improvement.
- Work closely with the Principal and leadership team to establish the strategic direction for the school with a focus on quality learning & teaching, linked with the GEMS expectation of excellent education and best practice in Early Years education.
- Lead and manage significant aspects of the school, under the overall direction of the Principal.
- Assist the Principal with the financial management of school, procurement, staffing, enrollment and admissions.
- Develop and maintain excellent partnerships with parents and community member.
The successful candidate will have:
- High expectations of themselves and the schools they work in.
- A professional working ethos and sound Early Years educational philosophy to drive the education agenda.
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills to motivate both colleagues and children alike.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience leading in and Early Years context.
- BEd / PGCE or equivalent.
- Demonstrable curriculum experience of EYFS and its assessment.
- Proven leadership and communication abilities coupled with efficient competencies in the area of people development.
- Resilience and a positive in outlook.
An excellent remuneration package is on offer to successful candidates including competitive tax-free salary, high quality furnished accommodation, annual flight allowance, visa costs, medical insurance and end of service gratuity.
Top apply for this position please visit our careers site and apply online (Ref:1502)