Cairo English School
Type: Mainstream School
Funding status: Independent
Age range: 3 - 17 years
About Cairo English School
‘Together Achieving Personal Excellence’
Cairo English School was established in 2005 and is one of the largest British Schools in Cairo. We accept students aged 3.5-17 years and are proud of the quality of British Education we provide. We offer a challenging and demanding education based on the British Curriculum, using the National Curriculum of England (ENC) as well as IGCSE, IBDP and A Levels for secondary students.
Our mission is to nurture globally-minded community of learners who demonstrate high levels of achievement in the National Curriculum of England and other recognised International Programs of Study.
We are continuously improving by working independently and collaboratively to achieve personal and academic success. This is demonstrated through developing attitudes, beliefs, actions and achievements that foster global-mindedness.
At CES, Leadership is seen as providing direction and exercising influence. Certainly being able to inspire others, having a clear vision, thinking creatively, having a problem-solving approach to difficulties and a commitment to partnership working as well as developed interpersonal skills are qualities of leaders. More specifically in the Early Years Foundation stage it is about leading others, leading learning and leading innovation in ways that are both practical yet creative.
CES teaches the National Curriculum of England and Wales, applying the same educational standards as are offered in England, with modifications attuned to our Egyptian environment. Subjects offered at CES include; English, Mathematics, Science, Art & Design, Music, Geography, History, ICT, PE, Modern Foreign Languages, Design Technology and Personal Social Health Education. English is the language of instruction at CES. Ministry of Education Arabic, Religion and Social Studies are offered from Year 1 and French from Year 5.
The successful applicant will be an exceptional and charismatic leader, who has a clear vision for what makes a successful International or recent UK School Early Years division. They will have experience of working in Early Years, in a large Early Years school environment, and will be someone who can develop lasting positive relationships with staff and parents alike.
• At least 3 years’ leadership experience in Early Years Foundation Stage / Key Stage 1
• Outstanding quality first teaching in EYFS/KS1
• Developing the learning environment to support high standards
• Monitoring provision and assessment; analysing, interpreting and acting on data
• A record of excellent classroom practice in the Early Years Foundation Stage
• Involvement in the implementation of whole school initiatives
• Experience of effective involvement of parents in their children’s education
• Successful implementation of quality assessment techniques to inform teaching and learning
• Ability to influence the quality of teaching and learning
• Ability to inspire, lead and motivate the children and staff in the pursuit of excellence
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels
• Ability to secure high standards of pupil achievement and
• Evidence of parental involvement to improve quality of children’s learning behaviour in the Early Years Foundation Stage
• The ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and to develop and maintain positive and supportive professional relationships with children, staff, parents and governors
• Ability to work as part of an effective leadership team
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of how children learn in the Early Years Foundation Stage and how learning at this stage affects pupils’ future learning
• Ability to provide a broad, balanced, relevant and creative Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum
• A thorough grasp of current educational issues
• Ability to analyse, understand and interpret Early Years Foundation Stage performance data
• Secure working knowledge of the EYFS, the National curriculum and their assessment, recording and reporting requirements
• Excellent organisational and time management skills and an ability to prioritise effectively
• Evidence of managing the performance of staff
• Evidence of successfully inspiring and challenging others to raise performance and standards
• Ability to develop staff and manage their performance
• Confident user of ICT & evidence of the strategic use of data Personal Qualities
The Package for the Head of Foundation Stage includes the following:
• Two-year contract (renewable)
• Annual flight or cash equivalent
• Monthly cash housing allowance
• Comprehensive international medical insurance
• Settling-in allowance
• 5% retirement benefit
• Continuing professional development benefit
• School Vehicle Provided
‘Together achieving personal Excellence’
We accept students aged 3.5-17 years (Nursery through to Year 12). We offer a challenging and demanding education based on the British model, using the National Curriculum of England (ENC) as well as IGCSE, IBD...