We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and dynamic Head of History to lead our department and promote an environment where every student is engaged and valued.
The History Department at Thomas More is extremely well resourced and established. The successful candidate will have passion in delivering lessons in innovative ways to engage the students through a variety of different mediums, schemes of work and energy. In return we can offer you KS3, 4 & 5 History teaching, in a solid department with a proven track record of getting results, along with professional development.
You will be joining a dynamic school which strives to ensure that all students enjoy learning and surpass expectations of achievement. Your professional development will be strongly supported by Senior Leadership, in-house CPD and INSET.
Thomas More is a very stable school where positive change is taking place. We pride ourselves on having excellent student leadership and high staff retention rates. Our 6th Form is rapidly growing in size. We ensure that teaching and learning is of the highest quality; rigorous, challenging, differentiated and engaging. Our aim is for educational excellence in all areas. We have a strong focus on student and staff wellbeing which is evident from the moment you step into our community.
We are looking for a leader who can:
- be an innovative and creative thinker with a clear vision for the History department
- be an excellent classroom practitioner
- lead other professionals as part of a team
- lead by example and act as a strong role model to students and staff
- maintain a positive, resilient ‘can-do’ attitude with students and staff
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits, including:
- Twilight CPD Sessions for all staff
- Lunch provided in return for duties
- Historic building in a beautiful setting, with multiple sports facilities and a swimming pool
- Forward thinking and vibrant place to work
- High staff morale and a happy team culture amongst all staff
- Free parking on site. Situated a 10 minute walk from Purley train station with fast train links to Central London and the South East
- Opportunities for career development through our high commitment to CPD
Note: you do not need to be Catholic to apply.
For more information about the school, please visit www.tmore.org.uk
To apply, please return your completed application form, recruitment monitoring form and disclosure form to the school via email: email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday, 23rd May 2018
Interview date: Thursday, 24th May 2018
The Governors of Thomas More Catholic School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The appointment is subject to the normal pre-employment clearances (e.g. satisfactory references, medical clearance and a satisfactory outcome to your Enhanced DBS Disclosure).