When you join GEMS Education you join an international education company with a global network of International schools and over fifty years of education experience. GEMS Education is the leading Kindergarten to Grade 12 operator in the world educating over 110,000 children from 151 different nationalities. GEMS Education staff access the company’s professional development programme, one of the largest education training programmes in the world. This ensures the best possible academic outcomes as while ensuring that GEMS attracts and retains the highest staff calibre. To find out more about GEMS Education visit: www.gemseducation.com
GEMS Founders Al Mizhar School (GFM) is a new value for money National Curriculum of England School which opened in September 2018 modelled on the highly successful GEMS Founders Dubai School. Initially, it will educate students from FS1 to Year 8 and will build to a full FS to Year 13 School of 4800 students in subsequent years.
The school has a focus on high academic standards, computational thinking, social and emotional Education as well as inclusivity to allow all students to succeed through a range of academic and vocational pathways.
Alongside well-equipped classrooms, the school has good sports provision, large open plan learning areas to support innovation and creative problem solving including robotics and 3D printing, a drama/dance studio, specialist music rooms, full WiFi coverage, dedicated science labs, art rooms and libraries.
FS students have access to attractive indoor and outdoor learning areas. All classrooms are equipped with large LCD screens to enhance student learning.
The school follows the National Curriculum for England, offering IGCSE, AS and A level courses in the future as well as a range of vocational pathways.
About the Role:
We are currently recruiting a Head of Inclusion to join our team from March 2022.
Teaching at GEMS is not just a job, it’s a career. Our teachers enjoy free access to leading CPD and have the opportunity to grow with the company on a global scale. With most of our leaders coming from within the GEMS network of schools, GEMS teachers are in a unique position to consider career opportunities across the world.
As well as being a great place to work; Dubai is a vibrant, cosmopolitan, rapidly expanding city where the sun shines all year round. Teachers in Dubai enjoy an exciting lifestyle, with opportunities for new and exciting leisure activities and travel across the region and further afield!
Key responsibilities will be to:
- Oversee the teaching and support of our SEND students across the school
- Lead the inclusion and ELL teams
- Monitor and report SEND students progress
- Liaise with all stakeholders including, parents, external therapists and external providers
- Manage the inclusion register and associated documents to ensure accuracy and transparency
- Work with admissions team and senior leaders to ensure all prospective students are accurately assessed prior to entry
To be considered, you will require
- A Bachelors Degree and a certified teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE or equivalent
- A SEND/leadership qualification, ideally this would include SENCO
As a teacher at a GEMS School you can expect:
- Students who are enthusiastic and keen to learn in a positive environment
- The opportunity to work within a team of highly supportive and creative colleagues
- Excellent professional development and guidance
- A school committed to doing the best for each and every one of its students
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including:
Competitive tax-free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, tuition fee concession, private medical insurance, annual airfare to country of residence, and end of Service Gratuity.
GEMS Teachers also have free access to our loyalty app GEMS rewards www.gemsrewards.com which provides significant savings on day to day life in the UAE. We offer thousands of discounts and 2 for 1 offers on everything from flights, hotels, restaurants and retail outlets, making your salary go further and enhancing the opportunity to save whilst working overseas.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 2 years teaching experience.
- A degree where the title includes subject taught.
- B. Ed, Bachelors with Teaching Qualification, PGCE or PGDE or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom or United States.
- References, Medical check, Criminal background check
- Over 22 and below 45 years of age
GEMS Founders Al Mizhar School (GFM) is a value for money National Curriculum of England School which opened in September 2018 modelled on the highly successful GEMS Founders Dubai School. It educates students from FS1 to Year 10 and will build to a ...