With an exceptional reputation both locally and nationally, Reigate College focuses on outstanding teaching, learning and support to make it one of the best sixth form colleges in the country. Graded outstanding by Ofsted, the College is a great place to work and study, with an active and supportive community ethos at the heart of everything it does.
The College is seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic, and hardworking Head of Department to lead and manage the Maths Department. The successful applicant will be required to teach A Level and GCSE Maths. The ability to offer Further Maths would be an advantage.
The post is available from 1 September 2021 on permanent, full-time basis. The full-time teaching contact time at Reigate College is 22.75 hours per week. Heads of Department receive two periods of remission (2 x 65 minutes) for their responsibility. New Heads of Department receive an additional two periods of remission during their first year as part of the College’s induction programme to provide them with extra support in their role.
Our ideal person will be able to demonstrate a track record of success in delivering the highest standards and achieving outstanding results. The post holder must be confident in the use of information technology in all aspects of their work.
The post would equally suit an experienced Head of Department or someone looking for their first Head of Department role. The post holder will be supported in their role by Course Leaders for each course.
The Department is housed in the County Building in fully equipped classrooms. The team consists of eleven other teachers, who work closely in a collaborative style contributing to central teaching resources. Students regularly progress onto university courses for Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Accounting, Economics and Medicine.
The Department offers the following courses:
• A Level Maths
• A Level Further Maths
• GCSE Maths resit (students who have not yet achieved a grade 4 or above)
These courses follow the Pearson Edexcel specifications.
The Department operates a number of ‘Plus’ classes, designed to improve student performance as part of the timetabled periods.
The salary for this post is up to £49,237 per annum.
Full details and an application form can be downloaded from our website (www.reigate.ac.uk/job-vacancies). Applicants are asked to complete and return the application form to the Personnel Department by email to email@example.com as soon as possible, but no later than 9.00am on Monday 8 March 2021.
When completing their application, candidates are asked to indicate:
• Why you are applying for the post
• A Level Results (A*-B grades, retention, value added), preferably for the past three years
• GCSE Results (9-4 grades, retention, value added), preferably for the past three years
• Particular strengths, experiences and interests that you would bring to this post
• What you are able to bring to College life outside of your teaching commitment
• Details of any leadership responsibilities you have had within education and how you have instigated positive change and improved outcomes for students
• Details of any experience of personnel management
• Which courses you are able to offer and which specifications you are familiar with
Reigate College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. These posts are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and a comprehensive screening process will be undertaken on successful applicants including an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- with state - academy funding
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16+ years
About the College
We are a mixed, non-selective, sixth form college situated in Reigate, Surrey and provide outstanding education to around 2,500 16-19 year old students each year. Students achieve excellent results across the 40 plus subject areas a...