Head of Maths
Are you a remarkable Maths Specialist who wants more?
Are you looking for the opportunity to inspire remarkable practice across a whole department? Ready to lead a team of subject specialists, drive outcomes and inspire over 900 pupils to choose a Remarkable Life.
Within the role you will be responsible for leading a team of seven staff who deliver maths using the mastery flow model across KS3-KS5. We are passionate about our pupils and enabling each and everyone of them to identify, grow and celebrate their remarkable. You will be able to draw on the support of the central maths team who will work collaboratively with you to develop and strengthen the curriculum and teaching & learning which will impact positively on outcomes. The advantage of being part of a wider Education Trust includes:
- 2 days a year working with 57 other leaders at our national conference and 3 days a year working locally within the Essex region
- Our best leaders support other schools across the network for 6-10 days per year
Everything is in place for you and the team to inspire their remarkable.
The academy occupies a fantastic purpose built facility and is a popular, fully inclusive, oversubscribed academy. Based in a fabulous location, Witham in Essex, the academy is close to Stansted Airport, the M11, M25 and is easily commutable from London.
Ideally you will:
- Have a rich wealth of subject knowledge and a passion for inspiring remarkable maths
- Have excellent teaching and learning practice
- Provide strong leadership across the Maths team
To find more about the opportunity or to arrange a visit please contact Ben Lowe on 07741194677.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More opportunities, so you can forge your own path - As a large and expanding multi academy trust, there are ample opportunities for development and new experiences.
- More hands on support, so you can get on with what matters most - Expert operations support removes headaches, allowing you to focus on the children.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Start date: Easter 2020 or earlier if possible
Closing date: Monday 10 February 2020
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking on the ‘apply now’ button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.
This role is based at Maltings Academy but you may be required to teach at our at our sister academy, New Rickstones Academy (also in Witham) as we have a joint Sixth Form provision - all new staff contracts are to work across both academies.