‘Pupils and teachers report an improving climate for learning with pupils having better attitudes to learning’ Ofsted 2016
Swallow Hill is first and foremost an inclusive 11-16 community school and proud to serve the communities of Wortley, Armley, Bramley and surrounding areas. Over the last 3 years our school has been transformed and we start September 2016 looking to continued success.
The academy is committed to exacting high standards, to developing outstanding learning with staff and students. Students’ success lies at the heart of everything we do. Swallow Hill is a warm and welcoming academy where genuinely every person matters. Seeing the potential in every young person and encouraging exceptional progress is at the centre of our approach. Recognising and developing students’ personal strengths and skills is very important to us – the quality of our support and care is extremely high and as a strongly inclusive school it is our belief that aspiration is for all.
We relish the opportunity and responsibility for driving student success forwards and we are very proud of the achievement of all of our young people.
GCSE results in 2016 were our best ever. Our Maths results increased 8%. This followed a 12% increase from 2015/2016.
You will find our students to be engaging, taking pride in their work and ready to learn. There have been solid improvements in Maths over the last year, and you will work closely with the Assistant Principal who will give you the support and challenge in what is a critical role in school.
We are a developing department and we can offer:
- Partnership with a lead teacher – for weekly mentor meetings with NQT’s and peer coaching with more experienced staff adapting to joining Swallow Hill.
- ‘Opportunities to apply for SLT internship programmes designed to give you further whole school leadership experience.
- Our students are our priority in maths; this is shown through having a tailored enrichment programme, wide ranging revision and support programmes including paid Saturday and Holiday revision sessions which we volunteer for.
- The CPD at Swallow Hill is excellent, there is a wide range of personalised opportunities to develop your practice and further develop your career. As a team we support and challenge each other through meetings, peer observation, mentoring and team planning.
- Opportunities to join a career development programme in line with your professional development – ie Teaching Leaders, Future Leaders.
- An opportunity to further develop exciting partnerships
- As a team we pride ourselves on our team spirit, we regularly share good practice and collaboratively plan lessons.
We are looking for a Head of Maths who really cares about helping our students succeed and who:
- Is passionate about Maths and has a creative and flexible approach to teaching both at KS3 and KS4.
- Has a sense of team and is willing to contribute positively to an enthusiastic and forward-thinking department.
- Will support, challenge and engage a diverse cohort of students, enriching their learning experience, maximising their potential and raising attainment.
We actively welcome visits where you will meet Jill Atkins- Mackley (Principal), and our Maths team. Please contact Dawn Walters at email@example.com.
For an informal, honest and confidential conversation about the role please contact James Annetts at Academies Enterprise Trust at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07815545890.
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our AET academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme, Childcare vouchers and Westfield rewards.
This position is required for a January 2018 start. Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date.
Closing date: Monday 16 October 2017.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding procedures we are unable to accept CV’s. For further information on this position and to make an application please visit:
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/a/aetinet.org/aetwebsite/our-teaching-school/initial-teacher-training for further details.