We are looking to appoint a highly motivated and ambitious colleague to lead our successful Maths Department. We welcome applications from experienced teachers who have a passion for Maths and who will employ strategies to move the department to outstanding.
The Maths team is established, efficient, hardworking and successful and the department results have been consistently good. We are proud of our focus on student and staff wellbeing, which is evident from the moment you step into our community. We pride ourselves on having excellent student leadership and high staff-retention rates.
You will join an energetic school which strives to ensure that all students enjoy learning and surpass expectations of achievement. We will look to you to lead the department as a whole and line manage key post holders within the team.
To be successful, you will have the vision, creativity and experience to drive the continued development of the Maths Department. In addition, you will:
- be an innovative and strategic thinker with vision and ideas
- be able to evidence of skills in accelerating learning, coaching and improving teaching and using data to inform effective interventions
- be an excellent practitioner
- lead by example and act as a strong role model to students
- have a positive, can-do attitude with students and staff
- be able to demonstrate excellent leadership and management skills
- have a proven track record of achieving outstanding student attainment through own practice
- be an effective team player and value every aspect of the life of the school
- have effective interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire students and staff
- be an active learner, who constantly strives to improve, with the desire to progress
This is an exciting time to join a very stable school where positive change is taking place. Part of the school’s mission is to provide excellent quality teaching and learning. We are seeking to ensure that teaching and learning is of the highest quality; rigorous, challenging, differentiated and engaging. We aim for educational excellence in all areas.
Please note, you do not need to be Catholic to apply.
For more information about the school, please visit www.tmore.org.uk To apply, please return your completed application form, recruitment monitoring form and disclosure form to the school via email: email@example.com
Closing date: Monday, 19th February 2018.
Interview date to be confirmed upon shortlisting.
The Governors of Thomas More Catholic School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The appointment is subject to the normal pre-employment clearances (e.g. satisfactory references, medical clearance and a satisfactory outcome to your Enhanced DBS Disclosure).