Hammersmith Academy is an innovative 11-18 mixed, non-denominational academy situated in the heart of the West London community. We are passionate about raising standards and our approach to learning reflects this.
We are seeking to appoint, for a fixed term of up to one year, an outstanding music teacher to lead our Music Department which is fully equipped with Mac Computer suite, tuned and untuned percussion equipment, ukuleles and keyboards. The school contains a state of the art performance space with tiered seating, digital lighting and lighting consoles and digital video camera editing facilities. There is also a recording studio.
The department offers peripatetic music lessons with some students opting to be entered for Rock School and ABRSM Grade Music exams. The department currently also offers students the opportunity to perform in the annual school musical as well as smaller musical ensembles; Rock Band; Choir and Orchestra.
The suitable candidate must display:
• A passion for teaching music and providing valuable performance opportunities for students.
• Experience in teaching classroom music to at KS3 and KS4 with a good curriculum knowledge and understanding of GCSE music requirements.
• Knowledge and experience of preparing students to compose using GarageBand and other music technology through to A’ levels. The ability to analyse and report on student progress.
• Experience in leading extra-curricular ensembles and the ability to promote them within the Academy.
• Experience of organising music events of varying scale.
• Ability to oversee the peripatetic teaching provision for instrumental and vocal lessons.
Hammersmith Academy offers:
• a bespoke CPD program for all staff and exciting career opportunities
• excellent pastoral care
• an excellent reputation in the local community
• a dedicated and enthusiastic team of teachers and support staff
• first-class facilities and resources
• a comprehensive staff benefits package including free daily lunch
• aspirational and hardworking students
• strong parental engagement
We would very much like to hear from you if you share our vision, values and enthusiasm. We are very happy to discuss the role informally and visits to the school are welcome.
For further details visit our website www.hammersmithacademy.org to download an application form.
Closing Date: Friday, 24th January 2020 at 9.00am
Interviews: Week beginning 27th January 2020 – date to be confirmed
Candidates may be invited for interview upon receipt of a completed Application Form prior to the closing date. Early application is therefore advised.
Hammersmith Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. These posts are subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS Check) and the receipt of two satisfactory references.
Hammersmith Academy is an Equal Opportunities employer and does not discriminate on grounds of gender, race, age, disability or marital status.
Please note that, as part of Hammersmith Academy’s Green approach and our commitment to reducing the impact of vehicular access to the Academy on the local and global environment, there is very limited parking and all staff are therefore encouraged to travel to work by public transport.