Operating in close association with Harrow School, London, the Harrow family in Asia has a comparable ethos and similar high standards.
Set on a spacious, garden site in one of the world’s most diverse and vibrant cities, we are Harrow’s original school in Asia and are thriving, with a roll of almost 1,600 (20% of the Upper School are boarders), progressive approaches to learning, a strong commitment to community service and outstanding academic results.
We are looking for a Head of Pre Prep commencing in August 2018, to be responsible for the day to day leadership of the Pre Prep Phase within the structure and management of the Lower School.
The Pre Prep Phase of Harrow Bangkok is a large phase containing 22 classes and around 450 students. The successful candidate will support the Head and Deputy Head of Lower School in driving forward improvements and maintaining excellent outcomes for our students. Ideally, the successful candidate will already have experience as a Deputy Head/Headteacher or experience as an Assistant Head in a large school. Professional development will be given.
The successful candidate will be offered two year renewable contracts with highly competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions.
We welcome applications from the UK independent and state sector as well as from those working internationally. Opportunities to work with our boarders may be available.
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
- Appropriate degree, with PGCE, or other teaching qualification giving the equivalent of QTS
- Minimum five years' teaching experience
- A dynamic leader with high expectations and exceptional subject knowledge
- An inspirational teacher with an excellent understanding of how children learn
- A team player with good interpersonal skills and the ability to identify and lead change on a positive way
- A good communicator who can manage a large team
- Familiar with the UK curriculum
- An outstanding role model
- Well-organised and proactive
- A good coach/mentor
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age, and ethnic background
How to apply
- Please click on the 'Apply on school website' button in order to complete our online application form
- All enquiries should be directed to Harrow Bangkok email@example.com
Sunday, 5th November 2017 (early applications encouraged as shortlisting / interviews will be held on a rolling basis)
Our School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate screening.
Leadership for a better world