About our school
Dyatmika School is a not for profit school on the beautiful island of Bali, Indonesia. The school is currently in its 23nd year and has grown to offer a rich educational programme in English and Indonesian to students from the age of 3 to 18.
About the role
We are seeking a qualified and experienced Head of Primary to lead the Primary and Early Years section of the school. The contract is for July 2018 - July 2020, renewable. The package includes an attractive salary; housing allowance; resettlement allowance; international medical insurance; visa costs; incoming flights / annual flights. Full details, including family benefits, are provided to short listed candidates.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to have:
- A full teaching qualification and Master of Education degree (an Indonesian requirement)
- Experience leading a Primary school
- Understanding of learning in a bilingual programme
You will also be:
- A leader of effective learning in Primary and the Early Years
- Able to lead sustainable, strategic school improvement
- An exceptional member of the school’s leadership team
- An excellent communicator who interacts mindfully with others
- A role model in terms of commitment, resilience and professionalism
- Respectful of the diverse school culture and capable of embracing life in Bali
It would be an advantage for you to have:
- Working knowledge of the Cambridge International curriculum
- Experience of working with an intercultural teaching and administrative team
- Some Indonesian language skills
Please send a CV, including your Skype, email and phone contacts; a photo and contacts for 3 referees along with a covering letter that addresses the requirements of this vacancy - total not exceeding 4 pages. Email applications or inquiries to: Julie Browett, Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 25 October
Long listed candidates will be interviewed via Skype, possibly before the closing date, with a further interview and school visit for short listed candidates.
More about Dyatmika School
Dyatmika’s mission is to develop confident, happy and academically successful individuals who know how to learn and are critical thinkers. The School Charter emphasises bilingual education; creativity; moral integrity; religious and social understanding; civic responsibility; cultural preservation and sensible management of the natural environment.
Graduates go to prestigious colleges and universities in different parts of the world including the UK, Australia, the US, Japan, Holland, Italy and Indonesia.
At Dyatmika we value our teachers and promote Professional Development. Our International Teachers and Heads of School work collegially with their Indonesian counterparts to plan and deliver teaching programmes based on current, effective Teaching and Learning strategies.
The school itself is situated on a beautiful campus overlooking rice paddies, the beach and the ocean, just outside Sanur in Bali’s south east. As well as being a great place to work, Dyatmika is situated in a fascinating part of the world. Teachers at Dyatmika enjoy an excellent lifestyle as well as extensive travel, intercultural and leisure opportunities in Bali and around the region.