We are seeking an inspirational Head of RE to join our team at Thomas More Catholic School. We welcome applications from experienced teachers who have a passion for Religious Education and who will employ strategies to move the department to outstanding.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Be a practising Catholic, understanding the distinctive nature and Ethos of a Catholic school
- Ensure that catholicity, teaching and learning is at the forefront of all strategic school improvement for students
- Be able to be innovative with teaching to further improve and sustain high standards
We seek to provide a rich and varied education for all students and strive to provide them with the opportunity to achieve in every way.
Our recent Section 48 Inspection, in November 2017, was successful and positive. Our latest report from HMI said the following of the school:
- We are making significant changes
- We are taking effective action
- The changes are sustainable because of new school systems, robust lines of accountability and the scope for leaders to champion their areas of responsibility
For more information about the school, please visit www.tmore.org.uk To apply, please return your completed application form, recruitment monitoring form and disclosure form to the school via email: email@example.com
Closing date: Monday, 5th March 2018.
Interview date to be confirmed upon shortlisting.
The Governors of Thomas More Catholic School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The appointment is subject to the normal pre-employment clearances (e.g. satisfactory references, medical clearance and a satisfactory outcome to your Enhanced DBS Disclosure).