Manchester Academy is vibrant, dynamic and forward thinking teaching community which embraces diversity and is committed to ensuring the success of our students. We are located on the outskirts of the world famous Manchester City Centre which means excellent transport links into Manchester and the North-West.
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual looking to progress their career or someone with experience of leading a Science Department. If this role is for you, you will be joining and leading our Science Team based in our vibrant, dynamic and forward-thinking school.
As the Head of Science you will ensure that Manchester Academy students succeed in the acquisition and development of Science skills and gain appropriate qualifications in the subject/s in the curriculum area. You will also ensure that staff teaching in the curriculum area are well supported in achieving this.
We are currently looking to appoint an individual who has;
• Achieved Qualified Teacher status
• A degree or equivalent in the subject to be taught.
• Experience in teaching and the ability to motivate a diverse student body
• An understanding of Assessment for Learning.
• Strong IT skills and ability to use the Microsoft Office suite.
In return we will provide you with;
• The opportunity to work alongside our dedicated and hardworking Science Department.
• Support with CPD and Development needs.
• A positive and modern environment in which to work in.
Manchester Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, therefore as part of the Safer Recruitment process, references will be requested if shortlisted for the position. Manchester Academy is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in employment. Appointment will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced DBS check.