Our ideal candidate:
- Ability to lead and inspire staff and pupils
- Excellent classroom practitioner
- Committed to the promotion of all three science subjects
- Dedicated to the highest academic standards
- Excellent networker and communicator
- Ability to efficiently manage the administrative duties of the role
- Patient, flexible and approachable
- Keen to be involved in all aspects of school life
What we offer:
- Well-resourced facilities
- A team of enthusiastic and well-motivated staff
- The opportunity to develop in a key leadership role
- Support from senior colleagues
- CPD: bespoke via Performance Review
- An excellent pension scheme
- Fee remission for children of teaching staff available
- Free school lunches during term time
- Free on-site parking
- Use of school facilities, e.g. swimming pool
- A peaceful location on the edge of the city of Oxford
A detailed job description is attached.
Closing Date: 1st December 2016.
Abingdon-on-Thames is an historic, modern market town situated eight miles to the south of Oxford, with its world renowned reputation as a centre of academic excellence.
The town has a lively community and has undergone recent development to upgrade the central shopping area. There are a good selection of restaurants, cafes and bars situated a just few minutes walk away from the river and gardens of Abbey Meadows.
The town supports a mixed and international community which includes families and young professionals. There are excellent bus links to Oxford which is just a 15 minute ride away and provides a wealth of social and cultural opportunities.