Job Title: Head of Spanish/Teacher of Spanish
Grade: MPS/UPS - a TLR up to 2b is available for an experienced candidate to take on leadership responsibility for this subject area.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure good and better progress for all students within groups taught through the planning and preparation of high quality lessons which engage, motivate and support learners and adhere to academy expectations.
· Strive to deliver a consistently good standard of teaching.
· Take responsibility within own teaching areas and in the execution of general duties for the creation of a positive climate for learning which results in positive, respectful attitudes from students.
· Consistently apply the academy Positive Behaviour policy to support all colleagues in establishing high standards of behaviour from students, and in order that students have parity of treatment and expectations in all areas of the academy.
· Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of students in line with the academy’s assessment calendar.
· In consultation with the Area Team Leader, contribute to the planning, design and production of good quality teaching materials and resources, appropriate to age and ability.
· Be a Tutor for a specified group of students, establishing the rapport necessary to support students’ social, emotional and citizenship education and development, as well as being a key support for accelerating student progress.
· Within the Area Team, make a strong contribution to agreed PSHCE areas as designated to the subject area through ‘immersion’ curriculum experiences.
· Contribute to the wider life of the academy by participating in the provision of Extension, Enrichment and Enhancement activities through the planned programme.
· Attend meetings, including parents’ consultation sessions, and fulfil duties on rotas as specified in the Staff Handbook.
· Implement all academy policies with regard to registration, student absence, student uniform, use of planners and other routines detailed in the staff handbook.
· Observe academy rules relating to the safeguarding of students, health and safety requirements, and equality policies.
· Participate in full staff and area meetings, actively contributing to academy decision making and consultation procedures.
· Participate fully in the academy Performance Management process, engaging in professional development activities which enhance personal performance, fulfil personal potential and contribute effectively to the implementation of the Academy’s goal to be an outstanding place of learning.
· Uphold the professional standards of dress, behaviour, attitudes and team spirit which will ensure our academy is a pleasant, positive place to learn and work.
Leeds West Academy – Leading in Learning
Leeds West Academy is an over-subscribed 11-18 school. Thriving in a state of the art building with stunning views over the River Aire, our Academy is committed to delivering an outstanding education to each and every one of our students. We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society. Our vision at Leeds West Academy is clear: we will be Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs over 300 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation. Working in partnership with Gorse Academies Trust, we are on a significant journey which will see all of our schools Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
We are sponsored by Leeds City College, who provides expertise, international networks and highly desirable employability prospects within education and beyond.
If you would like to apply for this role please visit the careers page on our website at www.leedswestacademy.org.uk to download an application form. Once completed please return to email@example.com
Advert live date: ASAP
Closing date: Tuesday 18th July 2017 12 noon
Shortlisting: Tuesday 18th July 2017
Interviews: Thursday 20th July 2017
Start date: September 2017 or as soon as possible afterwards