Engineer the future at AUEA ... Head of Vocational Learning (Technical)
Engineering and science excellence for 14-19 year olds in Birmingham
This is an exciting and trailblazing opportunity to play a pivotal role in Birmingham's major University sponsored University Technical College (UTC). Our UTC consisting of Aston University Engineering Academy (14-16 Years) and Aston University Sixth Form (16-19 Years) offers 14-19 students the opportunity to undertake highly regarded, technically orientated courses of study at a specialist academy sponsored by and adjacent to Aston University.
Aston University Engineering Academy (AUEA) is equipped to the highest standards and offers clear progression routes into higher education and the world of work.
Our huge popularity due to outstanding destinations and job opportunities means that our UTC, in its sixth year, is oversubscribed. This is driven by our outstanding Vocational outcomes with one of the largest cohorts nationally for Engineering at Level 2 and Level 3 and with over 53% securing D*D*D* in their Level 3 Btec Engineering Extended Diploma. This has resulted in over 92% of our students in 2017 going on to study STEM undergraduate courses and higher apprenticeships across the country.
This success and continued drive to be the national lead for STEM vocational learning means that we are seeking an excellent teacher and strong leader to join our Engineering and Science Department. AUEA will provide a rewarding experience of delivering exciting and engaging learning delivered in partnership with Aston University and our significant industry partners so that our young people are motivated to strive for excellence.
We offer a designated training package for all STEM teachers wishing to teach Engineering including; mechanical, manufacture, advanced manufacture and CAD.
Judged as “Good” by Ofsted, AUEA is well placed for the next stage of its journey to becoming Outstanding.
For further information about Aston University Engineering Academy, please visit www.auea.co.uk
This post is suitable for experienced Teachers only.
We are seeking a professional who is:
- A committed teacher who has the highest expectations of student learning.
- An excellent classroom practitioner.
- Innovative and creative with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to demonstrate a proven record in raising attainment in an STEM vocational subject.
- Passionate about Engineering and Science.
As a member of AUEA we can offer:
- Excellent professional development opportunities including potential options for higher study through our sponsor Aston University including Post Graduate and Masters courses.
- Specialist Engineering Subject training from leading professional partners.
- Membership of a highly motivated, committed and forward thinking team.
- Staff Benefits through the Aston University Staff benefits scheme including health and lifestyle opportunities.
- Opportunities for international travel as part of our Austrian technical school (HTL) European partnership.
- A close knit, friendly and supportive working environment.
- Excellent ICT and learning resources.
If you have the credentials, ambition and commitment to help establish Aston University Engineering Academy as a leading educational institution then you can apply online at http://www.auea.co.uk/Vacancies. Please download the application pack and return to Helen Walklett, PA to Principal either electronically or via post to: AUEA, 1 Lister Street, Birmingham B7 4AG T 0121 380 0573 E email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Monday 16th October 2017, 12 noon
Interview date: Week commencing 16th October 2017
Informal visits to the academy prior to application are welcome. Please contact Helen Walklett if you would like to arrange a visit tel 0121 380 0573
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff & volunteers to share this commitment.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
COMMITTED TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES