We are a successful Multi-Academy Trust with a friendly atmosphere. Guilsborough Academy is within 5 minutes reach of M1/M6/A14. We offer an outstanding professional development entitlement and superb resources.
We seek to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Head of Year who is passionate about the pastoral and academic well-being of young people at Guilsborough Academy.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated and enthusiastic teacher to make a significant contribution to the leadership, management and organisation of a Year group.
In this key role you will professionally lead, manage, develop, support and be accountable for a Year team and students in order to ensure the highest possible standards of achievement, progress, personal development and well-being.
Initial responsibilities will be for:
- Working with the Vice Principal to ensure that there are effective pastoral systems and procedures, consistently implemented by all staff, to ensure a positive learning environment at all times
- Overseeing the behaviour, learning and progress of the students in one year group.
- Leading a team of tutors
- Ensuring effective parental engagement and communication
The successful candidate will:
- have an unswerving belief in the unlimited potential of all students
- have a proven track record of achieving outstanding student attainment outcomes
- possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of Guilsborough students.
Visits to the Academy are welcome, please contact Mrs Helen Thompson, HR Manager on 01604 749105 to arrange.
Closing date: 26th April 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are also committed to meeting the requirements of disability discrimination and other legislation.