‘Standards of teaching are consistently high, and consistently improving because exceptionally well-targeted training helps teachers to learn from and apply, the most effective techniques used by their peers, and those within other schools’ Ofsted 2015
Maltings Academy is a community where inspirational teaching, self-evaluation and self-improvement are evident from the moment you enter our Academy. We welcome all routes into teaching through School Direct, PGCE and we are a host school to Ambition School Leadership, Future Leaders and other pathways.
Our students are diverse, exciting and talented – and the same is true of our staff. We put huge emphasis on professional development, most of it in-house, and are proud of the high number of good and outstanding teachers who work in our school. We are also noted for our ‘can do’ attitude. We are keen, always, to encourage new and/or young staff to make their mark as soon as they are ready.
We are proud to serve the communities around Witham as an 11-18 school where our staff travel not just from Essex but from Suffolk and Hertfordshire. Ofsted judged us as a ‘Outstanding academy’ in 2015.
We are recruiting a teaching Head of Year who can teach Maths. You will join an academy where all colleagues play their part and contribute to whole school improvement through our distributed leadership model. If you embody these values and have high expectations, you will be very successful working with us.
If you are an experienced Head of Year with a track record of pastoral leadership, then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for:
- A proven record of raising and maintaining standards.
- Vision, drive and flare as you join our supportive and forward thinking team of Middle Leaders.
- The ability to consult, devise, communicate, implement, monitor and evaluate improvement with a relentless focus on student outcomes.
- Relevant qualifications and a record of professional development (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the job specification.
- A genuine commitment to making a positive contribution to the academy.
- A commitment to further developing you as a future leader through access to the school network of our sponsor Academies Enterprise Trust.
- To be part of an academy moving forward at pace.
- A highly committed staff team developing and driving a culture of high expectations and no excuses
- A mentorship programme to develop you as a future Leader.
Although this role is based at Maltings Academy you may be required to teach at our Sixth Form Centre at our sister academy, New Rickstones Academy (also in Witham). All new staff contracts are to work across both academies.
Closing date: Sunday 15 April 2018
Start date: September 2018
Potential candidates are encouraged to contact the Vice Principal for an informal discussion about the post and also to visit the academy. Please contact James Forbes on firstname.lastname@example.org / 01376 512 911.
Maltings Academy is a key member of Academies Enterprise Trust (AET), a multi-academy sponsor which aims to provide the opportunity for all young learners to fulfil their real potential, broaden their horizons and become active, prosperous and successful citizens in the world around them. In each of the AET academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. Benefits include a Health Cash Plan, Teachers Pension Scheme and Childcare Vouchers. Academy employees receive discounted membership at Witham Leisure Centre and linked centres in the Fusion Group.
For further information on this position and to make an application please click 'quick apply' on the TES advert.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Each of the academies within the AET is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin: further details can be found on our careers page.