37 hours Term Time only (43 weeks)
Firth Park Academy is proud to be a Good school and determined to become an Outstanding school. We are a wonderfully diverse family of students and staff where our vision is to inspire all students to lead remarkable lives. We offer the widest range of extra-curricular enrichment possible to ensure our students are rich in knowledge and character. We want students to achieve academic excellence, develop strength of character and above all else, be happy. Our school is:
- A stronger-than-ever ‘Good’ school as rated by Ofsted (February 2019).
- Home of an Extended School Day for Years 7 and 11 to ensure the broadest possible curriculum of academic learning and extra-curricular experiences
- Featured on CBBC’s series Our School 3, which highlights the successful transition students make into Year 7.
- A richly diverse community with students speaking more than 30 home languages.
- A leading school in our trust – Academies Enterprise Trust – the largest trust in the UK with more career development opportunities than any other.
We love to help our students learn and value the staff who help them do so, thanks to:
- An outstanding ‘Teaching school standard’ professional development programme for staff at all stages of their career.
- A ‘3 in 3 years’ leadership development programme for all interested high-quality staff. This promises staff a TLR responsibility, bursary support toward Masters completion if required, and mini-secondment at a partner AET Academy to grow our future leaders.
- A staff social and sporting committee who promote regular opportunities for well-being and team building.
We are looking to appoint a highly skilled and dedicated leader who is able to inspire students to achieve their very best at a personal and academic level.
The successful candidate will possess the necessary interpersonal skills thus enabling them to establish trusting, supportive and effective working partnerships with young people, parents and carers.
We are looking for:
- A proven record of raising and maintaining standards.
- The ability to consult, devise, communicate, implement, monitor and evaluate improvement with a relentless focus on student outcomes.
- Relevant qualifications and a record of professional development (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the job specification.
- A genuine commitment to making a positive contribution to the academy.
Come and visit us to meet the team of students and staff who are making Firth Park Academy one of the best schools in our city:
- Please email Bal Sembhy on firstname.lastname@example.org, our Assistant Principal to arrange a visit and chance to meet
- Apply for our role and see us on interview day.
- Join our team and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about with students you love to help learn.
- Check out the ‘career opportunity’ section on our website (see link) to find out more.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of over 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date: Sunday 23 February 2020
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.