This is a very exciting opportunity to lead Thomas More Catholic School to Outstanding in every category.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, passionate and committed person to be the Headteacher of the School, who will continue the excellent progress made since April 2017. We are looking for a leader who will inspire students, staff, parents and governors and lead them to achieve Outstanding status, ensuring the best possible outcomes for all students.
In July 2017, HMI said Thomas More Catholic School are taking effective action and making significant changes. The changes are sustainable because of new school systems, robust lines of accountability and the scope for leaders to champion their areas of responsibility.
To be successful, you will continue to inspire the school community, and will need to:
- be a practising Catholic, understanding the distinctive nature and Ethos of a Catholic school
- have a proven track record of successful leadership at Deputy Headteacher or Headteacher level
- have the vision, drive and energy to successfully lead staff, students, Governors, parents and the school community to excellence
- ensure that teaching and learning is at the forefront of all strategic school improvement for students
- have successful experience in developing and implementing policy and practice to ensure excellent standards
- be able to be innovative with CPD to further improve and sustain high standards
- have an understanding of recent changes in education, be politically aware and have strong financial acumen
- have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact us on 020 8668 6251 to arrange.
For more information about the school, please visit www.tmore.org.uk
To apply, please return your completed application form, recruitment monitoring form and disclosure form to the school via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 15th January 2018.
Interview dates: 29th and 30th January 2018.
The Governors of Thomas More Catholic School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The appointment is subject to the normal pre-employment clearances (e.g. satisfactory references, medical clearance and a satisfactory outcome to your Enhanced DBS Disclosure).