Corby Technical School is a free school that opened in September 2012. The school was rated as Outstanding in our Ofsted inspection, and we would be looking to employ a person who shares our aspirations for excellence.
Corby Technical School requires an experienced Higher Level Teaching Assistant to work alongside a student joining us in September 2019. Working 37 hours per week over 40 weeks, the post holder will be expected to collaborate with teachers in planning and delivering programmes of teaching and learning activities for classes. The primary focus is to undertake educational activities with the individual within a framework agreed with and under the overall direction and supervision of a qualified teacher.
The successful candidate will:
• Work closely with colleagues across the School, building effective relationships with all staff and students
• Have good knowledge of a broad range of additional needs / behaviours that students may have / present and strategies for supporting appropriately.
• Sound knowledge of general school procedures in order to contribute to effective running of school day and student experiences & also procedures to support child development. Good understanding of lesson plans and frameworks
• Work with the utmost integrity and confidentiality
For an informal discussion relating to this post or to arrange a visit prior to application, applicants are invited to contact Sarah Young, on 01536 213100 or firstname.lastname@example.org . If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position we would be delighted to hear from you. Full details and an application form are available at: www.corbytechnicalschool.org.
How to apply
Having read the advertisement, examined the job description and person specification, if you are inspired and motivated to apply for a position at Corby Technical School these are your next steps:
• Please complete all sections of the application form. Please note that a CV will not be accepted without a completed application form.
• Write a letter of application on no more than one side of A4 (11 point text). Your letter of application should outline your previous experience and how this makes you a suitable candidate for the position for which you are applying.
Please submit your application form either by e-mail or by post to:
Mrs Sarah Young
Corby Technical School
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts working with children and young people will be subject to an enhanced disclosures barring service check.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 21st August 2019