37 hours, 39 weeks (term time + 1)
We are establishing a new and important role in our school, focused on developing the aspirations and qualifications in our First Base classroom.
To deliver this initiative we are seeking an experienced HLTA to join our team.
First Base is the area of our school where students receive additional support during their curriculum time. This might be because they are being offered supplementary tuition in Maths and English, catching up on studies following an absence, or working on specific alternative qualifications (for example NCFE Level 2 vocational qualifications) to improve their life chances.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for all aspects of provision in First Base, a role that is integral to our Special Educational Needs and at the heart of the school business plan. Whilst enjoying a good deal of autonomy and the opportunity to be creative, they will receive a great deal of support and guidance from colleagues in the school, including the line manager, our SENDCO, Sharon Scott.
To be successfully appointed to this rewarding position you will:
· Have a track record in motivating and encouraging students to engage with education and be able to demonstrate skills in working with young people aged 11-16
· be an innovative practitioner who can make this role their own, being quick to recognise and seize opportunities to personalise the curriculum for students
· have natural empathy for young people, with the ability to inspire and motivate them to learn independently, enhancing their educational aspirations and qualifications
· be able to think creatively to develop bespoke learning solutions to raise the attainment and aspirations of students in the short or long term
· have the ability to develop excellent working relationships with staff across the entire school.
As well as offering the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives and prospects of some of the young people in our care, we offer a tremendous development opportunity in a stimulating and supportive working environment.
We are always receptive to requests for a pre-visit and/or informal contact ahead of making an application – please contact Sarah Trueman, HR & Training Manager on 01284 716180 (option 3) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our website www.king-ed.suffolk.sch.uk/staff-vacancies/ for further information and an application form, or email: email@example.com
Closing date 1 May 2018