Position: HR Specialist - Organisational & Learning Development
Salary Range: $124,197 - $139,785 (depending on experience)
Tenure: Full-time - 38 Hours per week
Commencing Date: Immediate start available
Location: TCEO Office, Kirwan
Closing Date: Monday 26th August 2019
Townsville Catholic Education (TCE) supports 29 schools in our Diocese, located in a region extending to Mount Isa in the west, Proserpine in the south and north to Abergowrie. TCE employs in excess of 2,500 teaching, professional and ancillary/support employees to fulfil our mission of providing quality educational services through our Catholic school communities. The Catholic Diocese of Townsville provides a diverse range of education choices including primary, secondary and Prep-to-Year 12, as well as kindergarten and child care facilities.
Purpose of the Role
The purpose of the HR Specialist - Organisational & Learning Development is to support TCE's ongoing efforts to improve organisational capacity and capability with the aim of enabling both strategic and operational objectives through the development, implementation and review of recruitment and learning and development. This position works collaboratively with the Human Resources Manager within the Staff Services Team. The HR Specialist - Organisational & Learning Development is responsible for facilitating the delivery of agreed organisational development initiatives including the management of a complex multi-faceted recruitment function, in collaboration with other leaders, and to also work to strengthen the organisation’s function.
As the HR Specialist - Organisational & Learning Development, you will be required to:
In collaboration with the Human Resources Manager ensure appropriate design and implementation of sustainable performance development and review practices to enhance staff capability:
- Liaise with leaders across the organisation to understand the range of performance development and review practices that are currently in place and facilitate effective development initiatives that empower confidence and resilience to change
- Develop an understanding of leadership performance and development practices within a school education setting and develop and customise effective delivery of training to support ongoing development and learning
- Identify and improve performance, learning and development practices that will enhance long term capability and address risks related to workforce retention and attraction
- Partner with leaders across TCE to enable them to implement and sustain improved performance development and review practices
- Identify workforce metrics and data management opportunities that will assist in monitoring the effectiveness of performance development and review practices.
What we offer
An attractive remuneration package including:
- Competitive salary range: $124,197 - $139,785 (depending on experience)
- 5 weeks annual leave - with leave loading paid on 4 weeks
- Salary packaging options via RESERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
- Proven experience collaborating to design, implement and execute a Workforce Development Strategy
- Proven experience in the implementation, design and execution of effective attraction, recruitment and retention strategies
- Possess exceptional stakeholder engagement and relationship building skills with the ability to connect and relate to employee’s at all levels of the organisation
- Experience managing and overseeing all aspects of OD talent programs and initiatives that promote effective learning and development
- Demonstrated experience being a leader and champion of change and transformation within an organisation
- A proven HR/OD Leader with the ability to foster a commitment to contemporary practice and associated initiatives
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Human Resources, Organisational Development or a related field is desired
How to Apply
1. Please complete the application questions below and upload a current resume with contact details of two referees, one being your current line manager
2. Upload a cover letter addressing the questions below. The questions have been designed to ascertain how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the key requirements of the role.
In no more than 2 A4 pages provide responses to the following questions:
- How will your experience support TCE in addressing current issues, challenges, and opportunities in recruiting and retaining talent?
- What experience and study qualifies you to be TCE's champion of change and transformation?
- Describe how do your values align with the Catholic ethos and the TCE's Strategic Direction.
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
For a confidential conversation please contact Amanda Reed (HR Manager) Phone: (07) 4773 0900
For further information regarding the remuneration package please contact TCEO Staffing Services email@example.com
Application close: 4.00 pm Monday 26th August 2019
TCE Strategic Directions
Employment in a Catholic School
Townsville Catholic Education is an equal opportunity employer.