Tsinglan School in Dongguan is currently interviewing highly qualified Humanities and Social Science Teacher position.
As a newly opened school we currently enroll students in our early education program (pre-k) up to middle school (grade 8).
We offer a very competitive salary, health insurance, housing allowance, and flight reimbursement home (one time per year). We generally require our teachers to work 20 lesson per week with classes that have approximately 15-20 students per class.
1. Responsibly plan and teach Humanities lessons and support students as a homeroom teacher
2. Contribute to and develop a comprehensive Humanities curriculum for Tsinglan School
3. Contribute to the active, co-curricular Humanities program at Tsinglan School
4. Help design and implement Project Based Learning, 21st Century Skills, and Multicultural Week for students of different ages (middle school, and high school)
5. Create a high school (grade 9-12) component to the Humanities program when the high school is added
6. Support student learning by collaborating with other teachers and departments of the school, such as supporting English and ESL learning in other subjects and programs
7. Enhance literacy in students; help students with special literary talents move far in this area by recommending opportunities to them and possibly offering extra tutorials
8. Support the school’s commitment to the 4C skills of communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity in teaching and working with colleagues
9. Promote cross-cultural understanding among faculty and students
10. Participate actively in curricular work, curricular writing, and professional development within the curriculum group and the faculty at large
11. Whenever possible, become involved in interdisciplinary teaching with colleagues
12. Maintain positive relationships with parents and participate in parent-teacher conferences
13. Offer at least one elective or club for students each semester
14. Occasionally cover classes for colleagues
15. Assist with Foci-Learning Week, Summer School, Study Trips when possible.
16. Assist with other student activities when possible
17. Assess regularly and thoughtfully, both formatively and summatively, including midterms and final exams
18. Enter attendance records and grading data frequently into PowerSchool
19. Care for all students in class and actively report concerns and accolades regarding students’ progress in class
20. Support and work with the support staff where appropriate, including the admissions officers by writing and grading admissions tests
21. Be flexible, and assist with any other duties, tasks or jobs as may be reasonably requested by the management.