Japanese Language Assistant
Salary: £13.77 per hour
Hours: 6 hours per week
1st October – 31st May
The Rochester Grammar School is an Outstanding school which is consistently ranked amongst the best state schools in the country. RGS is a larger than average secondary school with capacity for 1250 students including the 6th form. It is a single sex girls’ selective school with a mixed sixth form.
We are seeking to appoint a Japanese Language Assistant to assist our students in their studies of Japanese. You will support the sixth form students with conversational classes and run a lunch time club on a weekly basis. You will share your passion and inspire the students with your knowledge of the language and culture.
We can offer you:
- Work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos
- Vast support network from senior leaders, teachers and other staff within the school and our trust
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes located on the site of Holcombe Grammar School
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Onsite parking free of charge
What you will need to succeed:
- Committed to supporting students • Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communicator both orally and in writing
- Effective ICT skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Understanding of the educational system and current developments
- Ability to motivate and to support learning
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.