Joint Lead Lunchtime Supervisor, Arthur Terry School
Grade 2: £8.93 per hour, plus differential allowance
To start as soon as possible
Hours of Work:
7h30m, Monday to Friday, term time only
In addition to fulfilling the core lunch duties 12:25-1:10pm each day, you will be required to work an additional 45 minutes to fulfil these further responsibilities leading the lunch team as a joint Lead Lunchtime Supervisor.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and committed individual with excellent communication skills to join our team working in a friendly, lively environment to ensure the security, safety and good conduct of our students. The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising students in an area of the school grounds during the lunch break and will need to have a confident and positive approach to dealing with students of secondary school age.
The successful candidate will also:
· Safeguard all students and ensure that school systems are followed
· Carry out duties effectively, dealing with problems and maintaining the health and safety of all students
· Be vigilant at all times, raising concerns about any students with the teachers or Leadership team
Besides maintaining a happy and motivated team, as a joint Lead Lunchtime Supervisor you will be responsible for:
· Undertaking performance management reviews and maintaining training records of the team;
· Handling complaints / concerns regarding staff;
· Ensuring the team are up to date with the latest legislation and policies in relation to, eg, safeguarding, praise and behaviour. Encourage and monitor compliance and arrange training where appropriate;
· Sharing information with the team regarding specific student needs/issues/medical information;
· Organising regular team meetings to share concerns, updates etc;
· Ensuring break duty staff are fulfilling appropriate work in the interim period between break and lunch duties.
You will also be responsible for:
Creating rotas, updating and ensuring appropriate coverage in light of staff absences; record and ensure appropriate use of hours in respect of training days and disaggregated days; following up concerns regarding student-related lunchtime incidents with tutors and/or progress leaders as appropriate; liaising with and relaying information from SEN department regarding students with specific lunchtime needs.
There may also be exam invigilation opportunities available for the right candidate during examination periods.
If you would like to work as part of a supportive team determined to improve a school already recognised as outstanding, please apply here or visit: www.arthurterry.bham.sch.uk for further information about our school, the role, and to download an application form. You should detail any skills and experiences you have, which you feel are relevant to the role. You should send this to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 noon, Friday 23rd November.