Key Stage 3 Offsite Provision Lead
(Discovery Learning Lead)
Fixed Term, February 2018 – August 2019
Grade G, £20,661 (£17,772 actual salary)
Term Time Only plus 1 week
*Equivalent pay structure will be considered for those with relevant qualifications e.g. HLTA/ Teaching qualification
Acklam Grange School is a large, 11 – 16 urban, multi-cultural secondary school (NOR 1451) with first class facilities in new campus-style BSF buildings. We are an improving school seeking to recruit excellent staff.
We have recently been awarded Teaching School status, providing high quality training, development and support to new and experienced school staff.
We place the students at the heart of all that we do. We offer:
· A school ranked in the top 10% of in the country for student progress and top 10% for attainment receiving SSAT national awards two year running.
· The top performing school overall in Middlesbrough and ranked number 1 in the most recent real schools guide of the top 10 Teesside state secondary schools.
· A continuous improving trend of GCSE results including 9-4 English & Maths 75%, 83% 9-4 English, 80% 9-4 Maths with 28 subjects performing above national figures.
· a nationally recognised, bespoke professional development programme – AGS Inspire.
· a comprehensive, inclusive, family working environment firmly rooted in our local community
· a commitment to both academic and pastoral success with SMSC as a driving force and strength
· staff well-being package supported by a serving NHS practitioner and nationally recognised.
We require an enthusiastic, highly motivated and committed member of staff to lead learning for the Key Stage 3 Discovery programme within our offsite alternative education provision. The ideal candidate will have some teaching experience but QTS is not essential.
The successful candidate will have experience of delivering learning activities in an educational setting and developing strategies for intervention to impact on learning, attendance and behaviour. The candidate will have the ability to build effective working relationships with all students and colleagues and the ability to manage behaviour of children in a positive and supportive manner.