Acklam Grange School
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
About Acklam Grange School
Acklam Grange School is a large and over-subscribed 11-16 Secondary School in West Middlesbrough (NO 1400 +). Under Building Schools for the Future (BSF) programme our building opened in September 2010.
Acklam Grange is a comprehensive and inclusive school in Middlesbrough with a focus on learning for all the family. A big school with a big heart our priority is our students’ achievement, empowering every child to exceed expectations and be the best that they can be.
Every child benefits from an individual learning experience in a family focussed learning community that recognises their specific needs through curriculum choice and tailored support.
High quality facilities offer an exceptional environment where learning is fun, accessible and relevant, preparing students for further and higher education and the world of work.
We are proud of our students, our values and our drive to succeed, balancing the principles by which we live; ‘Care’, ‘Courtesy’ and ‘Consideration’, with the principles by which we work; ‘Pace’, ‘Passion’ and ‘Purpose’.
We will provide:
A nationally recognised, highly personalised professional development programme – AGS Inspire – www.agsinspire.com which supports and develops staff at any stage in their career.
A personalised staff well-being programme led by a NHS practitioner including:
- flu jabs, health checks
- workshops on nutrition, sleep, resilient thinking, time management, mindfulness
- fitness classes
- free breakfasts and breaktime refreshments
- excellent facilities with suited faculties, interactive whiteboards in every classroom, iPads, lap tops and PCs plus subject specific technology to support learning
- well motivated students with a strong commitment to leadership, community and charity and supportive parents.
- Strengths at Acklam Grange School
- Community Cohesion including Meserani Projects and links with Kashmir Education Foundation
- Student Leadership
- Pastoral Care
- SMSC experiences
A visit to our school is always welcomed and visitors never fail to be impressed with the enthusiasm, passion and positive ethos shared by staff and students alike.