Teachers make the education of their students their first concern and are accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct. At Ajman Academy, all staff act with honesty and integrity; have strong subject knowledge; keep their knowledge and skills as a teacher up-to-date; are self-critical; forge positive professional relationships; and work with parents in the best interests of their students.
Our teachers meet the needs of learners, enabling them to cope with the demands of the mainstream programmes offered.
The successful candidate will be part of the Additional Education Needs department and their work will include the support of learners with Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD), Language and emotional and social wellbeing needs, as well as offering provisions for learners identified as Gifted and Talented (G&T). Provision are may be determined on an individual or small group basis and is likely to be based upon a data driven analysis of student ability and achievement levels.
Qualifications and Skills:
• A degree in a related field, plus appropriate post-graduate educational qualifications (teaching certificate, Master’s degree etc).
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in similar position.
• Proven track-record of appropriate professional development.
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
• Good ICT skills.
• Native English speaker level of fluency in speaking and writing
• Experience in working with SEN is an advantage.
• Understands the importance of confidentiality.
• A strong team player, innovative and creative.
• Strong cultural awareness
Interested candidates shall upload their CV with a copy of their qualifications and any available reference / employment letter from previous employers.