Diocese of Townsville Catholic EducationTownsville
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Commencing Date:Monday, 30th November 2020
Salary Range: $103,300 - $116,266 pending experience plus supervision allowance
Classification:Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date:Monday,26th October 2020
Townsville Catholic Educationsupports a diverse region extending from Townsville to the Burdekin and Whitsunday regions in the south, and north to Ingham and Halifax, south-west to Winton, and west to the border with the Northern Territory, encompassing Mount Isa and several small, isolated western towns and east to Palm Island.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students.Our staff is recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
About the Role
The Lead Education Systems Analyst (LESA) is an Information Technology professional who leads a cadre of Teaching and IT Professionals supporting Education Services within the Information Technology and Services (ITS) Team. The LESA is responsible for ensuring the output and outcomes of the Education Systems team, and assisting the ITS Service Delivery Lead with management of the resources within the team. Working with stakeholders, the LESA has a delivery focus that works to assist in the provision of creative solutions for improved services and outcomes within ITS. The LESA will perform routine and non-routine professional tasks governed by the approved ITS practices and procedures and ensure the Education Systems Team is resourced appropriately. The LESA will provide and manage input to the development of ITS practices and procedures.
The LESA works with the Service Delivery Lead to configure, plan, monitor, and manage Education Systems across TCE. The LESA works as a high-level professional in the lifecycle of an incident, utilising experience and skills to solve complex technical issues with an education systems specialisation, and directing the Education Applications team to enable efficient resolution of all issues. The LESA will be utilised as a project build resource and will be required to have or develop an in-depth knowledge of Education Systems, ICT Integration, School Business Operations and other associated IT and Education skills both independently and as part of a team.
The LESA will have a high level of input into the Continual Service Improvement Program. As a senior role within Service Delivery, the LESA will be expected to mentor and train junior employees and ensure documentation is available for skill sharing and training. Leadership of the Education Systems team in order to achieve Service Delivery goals is essential.
The LESA reports directly to the Service Delivery Lead, ITS and will work as part of the team co-located at TCE-ITS Eastbrooke in Thuringowa Central. The LESA will be required to travel regularly within the diocese to deliver services.
- Lead and Supervise the Education Systems team in the support of Townsville Catholic Education’s Education Systems Suite (ESS)
- Provide guidance and execution within the incident lifecycle to ensure high standard ITS Support to all TCE students and employees
- Diagnose and troubleshoot complex technical issues within the TCE ESS
- Train TCE employees in the use of TCE ESS products and services to build capability and capacity in TCE
- Develop localisation products to adapt TCE ESS product and services to better suit TCE
- Engage with TCE ESS Product and Service Providers to guide new developments
- Provide advice, leadership, training and coaching of TCE employees to promote innovation in teaching
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Perform system monitoring and analysis, troubleshooting and escalating issues, including proactive problem resolution and complex problem analysis as necessary, maintain system performance to meet TCE student and employee demand
- Reduce operational risk and improve availability of TCE ESS by ensuring system access, monitoring, control, evaluation and documentation practices are maintained and adhered to
- Develop, maintain and perform operational procedures and ensure operational tasks are performed reliably and consistently to reduce the risk of unplanned outages
- Evaluate new systems, hardware and software, solutions and facilitate service assurance in the delivery of new projects
- Assist with the provision of proactive and reactive support, ensuring strategic and tactical objectives are aligned
- Ensuring required controls are adhered to without compromising responsiveness and availability
- Assist the Service Delivery Lead to ensure appropriate resource allocation for Education Systems ongoing requirements
- Ability to work after hours, both planned and ad-hoc
- Occasional travel may be required
- Other duties as reasonably directed by the Service Delivery Lead.
- At least 5 years’ experience in appropriate ICT roles
- At least 3 years’ experience in leading teams
- Demonstrable experience in ICT and application support teams
- Demonstrable experience in ICT support and professional development
- Proven history of professional and confidential work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence teams
- Knowledge and resilience in managing stressful situations
- Knowledge of ITIL v4 service management processes/practices
- Well-developed conflict resolution skills, with the ability to facilitate difficult conversations
- Well-developed attention to detail with the ability to balance competing deadlines and wider
- An ability to communicate effectively and confidently with a range of employees across the school
- Developed interpersonal skills, including an ability to build and maintain productive relationships with a broad stakeholder group
- Enthusiastic and energetic with a proactive attitude
- Willingness to learn and develop in a supported environment
- Current Working with Children Suitability Card or eligibility to obtain same - the successful candidate will require a paid Blue Card before commencement as per the No Card, No Start policy developed by Queensland Government.
- Tertiary qualifications in an ICT related field or equivalent experience
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Ability to travel from time to time within the Catholic Diocese of Townsville
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
- PRINCE2 qualifications
- ITIL v4 qualifications
- Membership of the Australian Computer Society
- Relevant industry experience in the education sector
What we offer
- Competitive Salary starting: $103,300 - $116,266 pending experience plus supervision allowance
- 4 Weeks Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- 1 Additional Week of Annual Leave without leave loading
- Salary packagingoptions
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (in a co-contribution arrangement)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate health insurance
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
- Well-being programs and initiatives
How to apply
- Complete theapplication form
- Upload acurrent resumeincluding contact details (phone and email) oftwo professional referees
Please see the Position Descriptionfor more information.
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close 4pm Monday, 26th October 2020Apply Now