Inspire their remarkable with us
Greenwood Academy is a vibrant, successful 11-18 Academy situated in the heart of Castle Vale. We currently have 950 pupils on roll and are growing every year. At Greenwood, our core values are Respect, Responsibility, and Resilience and this forms the foundation of our school culture. We intend that all pupils develop the knowledge and character needed to achieve personal and academic excellence to lead ‘Remarkable Lives’. To support this, we offer a wide range of opportunities beyond the core curriculum whether in the Arts which includes school productions, dance, drama, and music performances or through our extensive Sports programme which takes advantage of grass and 4G pitches, Sports hall with a specialist dance studio and Multi-Use Games Area.
Our state-of-the-art building and world-class facilities make the most of the latest technology available to enhance the learning environment, including the Google Education platform. Most importantly, children and young adults at Greenwood Academy tell us they enjoy coming to school and feel safe and secure.
The Greenwood Academy English Department believes in a knowledge-rich curriculum, in which our students are exposed to the greatest literature texts possible. Our KS3 curriculum includes the study of Dickens, Shakespeare, Owen, and Sassoon, and ensures all our students know the most sophisticated vocabulary and concepts possible and are prepared for the rigours of KS4. We believe in didactic teaching and drill quotations, terminology, and definitions so that our students can recite them by rote. We use knowledge booklets that have been created by the department, meaning that teachers are provided with all the resources they need to succeed.
We want someone who believes that no student should be held back by their economic background and who is passionate about literature and delivering the very best knowledge to our pupils.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational Lead Practitioner in English with a proven track record of rapidly and sustainably raising standards at the academy-wide level.
The successful candidate will be a team player who is passionate about their classroom practice and committed to ensuring that teaching and learning is the very best it can be. We need someone who is invested in developing their own subject knowledge and teaching pedagogy, as well as that of others.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chances to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
To book a visit please contact Sue Britland on email@example.com
Closing date: Thursday 20th May 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
About Greenwood Academy
Greenwood Academy is a vibrant, successful 11-18 Academy situated in the heart of Castle Vale. We moved into our £20 million new build in Sept...