We are seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and inspirational practitioner to lead and be an ambassador for the ‘Teaching for Excellence’ approach at the academy.
The post provides the opportunity for a strong English leader to support staff on the development teaching and learning within and beyond the faculty to impact positively on student outcomes. The role will offer the opportunity to join other Lead Practitioners across the Trust for regular development opportunities.
This is an exciting time in the life of Erdington Academy. From September 2016 we officially became an academy within the Fairfax Multi Academy Trust, which includes four secondary schools. This further enables the academy to share and develop practice as part of a wider group of academies and partners.
The successful candidate will:
• Model outstanding teaching and deliver excellent outcomes for students;
• Plan strategically, taking into account the strategic aims and priorities of the faculty and the school;
• Be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, blending gravitas with warm engagement;
• Lead by example – with integrity, creativity, resilience, and clarity;
• Be able to quality assure, rigorously the work of others.
Erdington Academy is a vibrant and diverse comprehensive school. We are seeking outstanding teachers and leaders with high expectations to join our team dedicated to pursuing excellence for every child. We are an ambitious academy and value enthusiastic and hardworking staff. It is a very exciting time to join us.
Erdington Academy is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will therefore be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) as well as providing evidence of qualifications.
To apply, please complete the online application form.
To arrange a visit, please contact 0121 373 1080.
Closing date: 12pm (noon) Friday 22 September 2017.