We are seeking to appoint a Computer Science Teacher to develop and lead our Computer Science department in January or April 2019. This is an exciting opportunity to join our vibrant and passionate team and take on this important role in our Computer Science department, which is a core part of the school curriculum.
Our first three years have established us as a successful and exceptionally popular school, being oversubscribed with waiting lists for each year group, and achieving Good with outstanding features in our first Ofsted last academic year. The school’s permanent site in Whitton will be ready in 2020, and until then we are based in high quality accommodation on two sites: Teddington, years 8, 9 and 10; Hampton, year 7. The appointed candidate will initially be based at our Teddington site.
This is a rare opportunity for a Computer Science Teacher to make a mark on our new school and evolve our Computer Science department as well as developing your career with us.
The successful candidate will:
· be either a NQT or an experienced teacher, inspired by the opportunity of developing a department and being part of a new growing school
· be an excellent classroom practitioner with a high level of subject expertise
· be confident in teaching Computer Science from Key Stage 3 to GCSE and ultimately A-Level
· be committed in creating a vibrant Computer Science curriculum and strive for continual improvement
· ideally have the ability to teach other subjects at Key Stage 3
· be flexible, dedicated and passionate about delivering exceptional learning experiences and ensuring all students achieve the best possible outcomes
· share the school’s mission and ethos
We can offer:
· opportunities for ongoing professional development
· a professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment
· smaller classes of 25
· a comprehensive and successful NQT induction programme
· support by subject specialists from our sister schools in the Russell Education Trust
· main pay scale
· TLRs – as a growing school, TLRs are available now and in the future for suitably qualified and experienced candidates to develop their careers
Choosing the right new school to work in is as important to you as choosing the right new staff is for us.
Please do use the website to find out more about us. In particular we suggest you visit:
If you are confident you can rise to the challenges we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website to register your interest and to receive more information and a recruitment pack:
The closing date for all applications is midday on Monday 12th November 2018. Interviews will take place soon after applications are received. Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the arrangements by telephone and email.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS clearance and references. Turing House School is an equal opportunity employer.