Outstanding Learning Assistant & Reading Intervention Lead required for Hillcroft Primary School, Caterham, Surrey.
Hillcroft Primary School is an innovative school committed to the development of all staff and children.
We are looking for an experienced KS2 learning assistant to work mornings with the children to support their learning and afternoons as an intervention lead delivering reading interventions across the school. The successful candidate must be RWI (Read, Write, Inc.) trained or have experience of delivering RWI interventions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the school and help shape its growth as it moves forward from a 'good' school striving to become an 'outstanding' school.
Working 29 Hours per week (20 hours LA (S3), 9 hours Intervention Lead (S5)) - Term Time Only, 39 weeks per year, this is a fantastic opportunity for an individual seeking flexible working arrangements.
The ideal candidate will be:
• Able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the children with whom you are supporting.
• Able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour
• Enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
• Able to relate exceptionally well with children and to go that extra mile to help them achieve
We can offer you:
• A commitment to providing children with high quality learning opportunities
• A dedicated team of staff and governors
• The opportunity to be part of a collaborative environment within GLF Schools
• Fantastic career progression opportunities through our tailored CPD programme
• Enhanced maternity and sickness entitlement
• Opportunities for growth within our trust and partner schools
Date of interviews: TBC
Salary: Pro Rata Learning Assistant Salary: £7,322 (based on FTE at 20 hours a week, term time only)
Pro Rata Intervention Lead Salary: £4,622 (based on 9 hours a week, term time only)
Please be advised references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.