This is an exciting opportunity to join our Inclusion and Learning Support team and make a huge difference to children who struggle to access learning in a main stream setting.
If you have a desire to make a difference, have a calm and focused approach, the ability to make decisions and work independently as well as part of a team, then please apply right now.
As part of our team, you will address barriers to learning for individual students enabling them to reach their full potential. You will be required to assist and support students with both practical and classroom based activities. Part of the role, working under the guidance of the Deputy Headteacher (Inclusion), would be to enable student’s access to learning as well as contribute to the happiness, achievement and limitless aspiration of each student. Experience of working with students with social, emotional and mental health issues would be advantageous.
Northwood School offers:
- Support for new members of staff
- A well-established induction programme
- Professional development
- Child Care vouchers
- Bike to Work scheme
- Staff Sports Club
- The full support of senior staff, the SENCO, and colleagues
- A fantastic social life and loads more
- Northwood School is a highly successful, high performing 11-18 comprehensive in the London Borough of Hillingdon
- 73% of students achieved level 4 or above in English and maths in the summer of 2017
- Significantly positive value added for the past four years. In 2016 our Progress 8 placed us in the top 6% of schools nationally
- We recently moved to an impressive state of the art building with fantastic facilities
- Rated 5* in The Real School Guide 2016 and 2017
You will have:
- A good standard of education, in line with the Person Specification.
- IT experience would be an advantage as there may be some administration duties involved.