Learning Teaching Assistant (Secondary)
Contract: Permanent Full Time-Term-time only
Required -September 2019 start
We require a Learning and Teaching Assistant (LTA) with strong literacy and numeracy skills and a professional approach to provide support to our teachers and students in the classroom, covering a variety of learning activities.
You will also provide support to the wider school and as an integral member of the Learning & Teaching team you will be part of the planning and development meetings each week.
Day to day tasks, amongst others, will include:
• Establishing good relationships with students, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs;
• Being a member of a Teaching and Learning team that plans and delivers a key part of the curriculum for the students;
• Assisting in the preparation of learning materials and the learning environment, including the display of students' work;
• Supervising and supporting students, ensuring their safety and access to learning;
• Supporting the school’s values and ethos by contributing to the development and implementation of policies practices and procedures.
What we offer as a school:
• Clear purpose. We are all here to make a real difference to students lives
• An environment in which student behaviour is exemplary
• Year groups of 120 students. We are a small school and pride ourselves on knowing our students
• Weekly in-school CPD
• External CPD programmes
• Opportunities for promotion and development
We currently have 360 students, years 7, 8, 9 and 10. In September 2019, we will have 480 pupils. We will continue to grow each year until we are at full capacity, 720 students including our Sixth Form. Whether you are an outstanding experienced pastoral practitioner looking for a new challenge, or someone seeking your first role in education, you will play a key part in the school’s development. You could play a part in leading and shaping the vision and future of our school for many years to come.
You are very welcome to visit us, even if you do not end up applying for the post. We are 20 minutes on the tube from Mile End, and just 15 minutes’ drive from East London.
Closing Date: 27th June 2019 at 9.00am
Interviews: 5th or 8th July 2019
For more information
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact:
Whitney Johnson, HR Officer: 0203 597 6666, HR@goresbrookschool.org.uk