We are seeking to appoint a Librarian who is vibrant, enthusiastic and dynamic (graduate or equivalent calibre) to join our successful school. The candidate will have a recognised qualification in English / literacy or a similar qualification and have excellent literacy skills. Librarian experience and librarianship qualifications would be advantageous.
The ideal candidate should also have a passion and knowledge for books and understands the importance of promoting reading. The library is fundamental to ensuring that pupils can foster a love of reading and receive support and guidance on reading and literature.
- Managing a library service in an educational establishment, ideally with librarian qualifications.
- Work with existing staff to support the literacy drive across the school through group work, interventions and similar programmes.
- Ability to organise and be innovative with the use of the resources available to them.
- Hard working, organised, and calm in pressurised situations.
- Use of databases.
- Able to produce statistical/written reports.
- Demonstrate a flexible attitude to work.
- Be reliable, enthusiastic, caring and motivated.
- Able to communicate with pupils, parents and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
- Promoting our positive reading culture and launching extended learning opportunities.
Previous experience of this in an educational environment is desirable but not essential. Candidates new to the profession would also be considered.
Platanos College is an outstanding, ambitious and high-performing school. We received our third, successive ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted rating in 2014/2015. It is just the place for talented, ambitious individuals to develop their career and make their mark.
For further information about us please visit www.platanoscollege.com
Applicants should complete the employment application form found on our website and return by post or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 21 July 2017.
Start date: September 2017.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check (formerly known as a CRB check) and will be checked against the DBS barred list. All offers of employment are conditional, subject to the receipt of satisfactory references as according to our Safer Recruitment Policy.
Clapham Road, London SW9 0AL
Tel: 020 7733 6156
Fax: 020 7738 6196