This is a newly created role within the core Hiring Solutions division reporting directly to the Head of Finance.
Hiring Solutions covers the teacher recruitment business of Tes (both in the UK and International markets), which is undergoing a transformation from a transactional advertising business into a digital subscription business, together with operations in display advertising (Tes BAS) and search and selection (Tes Prime). Since launching subscriptions in early 2016, Tes is fast approaching £35m of subscription revenue and over 50% conversion in the key UK secondary schools market. As the result of this fast paced transformation programme, a high-profile opportunity exists for a Finance Business Partner role to support the next phase of growth in the UK Advertising Business.
This role will support the provision of financial analysis and insight to influence the divisional Senior Management Team to take decisions and actions that drive the best possible outcomes in terms of profitability.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with business leads & the UK & International business partners to develop realistic budgets & forecasts and understand performance against these objectives
- Analyse the financial results with respect to performance against budget/forecasts and provide commentary as appropriate
· Financial analysis of revenue trends, providing increased cost visibility & ownership, ensuring a robust control environment
· Produce, review & analyse month end reporting working closely the management accounting & Group reporting teams to ensure accuracy & understanding of results alongside the UK & International business partners
· Reporting on Key Performance Indicators to drive profitable revenue growth
· Work closely with the Hiring Solutions Operations team and the Data & Analytics team to support work as appropriate to improve the accuracy or efficiency of reporting
· Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in the month-end reporting process
· Support ad-hoc project requests as required
Knowledge & Skills:
- Part qualified ACA, CIMA or ACCA
- Excellent academic record
- Advanced Excel & Powerpoint skills
- Good commercial acumen combined with robust numerical and analytical skills
- Articulate with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use initiative, anticipate issues and develop practical solutions in a collaborative manner
- Be committed and flexible in your approach to work and able to work under pressure, multi-task and prioritise work
- Passionate about providing support to the business; drive and enthusiasm to use management reporting to identify and deliver financial or operational improvements