Position: Maths and Science Teacher
Commencing Date: Term 1, 2022
Classification: Full Time, Permanent
Salary Range: $75,470 - $108,695 per annum pending experience
Closing Date: 30 January 2022 unless filled prior
Columba Catholic College, Charters Towers is a vibrant, affordable P-12 Catholic College catering for the full needs of families and students. Being co-educational, students can find their own special niche for learning and personal growth. The P-12 setting gives students access to a wide range of subjects and opportunities, matched to current and emerging pathways and occupations. Columba Catholic College endeavours to provide deep learning for the mind, a spiritual base for the soul, and an athletic dynamism for the body. Current students, past students, future students and their parents all integrate into the Columba family which incorporates those parts of our history which once were Mount Carmel College, St Mary's College, and St Columba's Primary School of Charters Towers.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
About the role
Columba Catholic College, Charters Towers is seeking an experienced and dedicated Maths and Science Teacher. This role is a Full Time, Permanent Position commencing as soon as possible.
It is a requirement of this role that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required as a pre-commencement document. DO NOT ATTACH A VACCINATION CERTIFICATE WITH YOUR APPLICATION.
- To have knowledge of and commitment to the Catholic ethos and mission of the school
- To be able to work as a member of a committed team of professional teachers, dedicated to providing quality teaching and learning in partnership with the parent community
- To have an understanding of contemporary pedagogy and the ability to differentiate, and provide for, a diverse range of abilities
- To have an ability to collaborate and work positively as part of a professional learning community
- To have a willingness to change and develop instructional strategies to increase student growth and achievement
What we offer
- Competitive Salary range: $75,470 - $108,695 per annum pending experience
- Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Access to salary packaging options to maximise employee benefits and salary
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Access to additional Employer Superannuation Contributions
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of Long Service Leave may also be applicable)
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Access to corporate health schemes
- Induction processes, professional learning programs and Early Career Teacher Support
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Leadership development opportunities
- Firm lifelong teacher networks
- Wellbeing programs and initiatives
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested in hearing from you.
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the key accountabilities of the role identified in the position description
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
Please see the Position Description for more information.
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close 5pm Sunday, 30 January 2022 unless filled prior
View other vacancies here