As a forward-looking and innovative school we are seeking to appoint a highly skilled Teacher of Maths to lead one of our Key Stages in our large, friendly and successful team.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced teacher looking for more responsibility within a very successful Maths Department. The ability to teach across the full age and ability range up to A Level is essential.
We would like to hear from you if:
- are an excellent classroom practitioner;
- have proven leadership skills;
- are able to teach Maths across the full age and ability range (to A Level would be an advantage);
- Have QTS status
- have enthusiasm and the willingness to work hard;
- have the desire to improve and enhance the learning experience of our students.
Kingdown School is ranked in the top 10 secondary schools in Wiltshire situated in Warminster in the heart of beautiful rural Wiltshire with excellent links to Salisbury, Bath, Bristol and the South-West. Kingdown School is an academy under the Acorn Education Trust providing exciting opportunities to improve local education and draw on the collective experience of a Trust.
The Maths Department is housed together in one block. All full time Maths teachers in the Department have their own teaching room. We have good facilities, including your own computer and interactive smart board. We have a wide variety of resources and the support of a dedicated team of TAs.
For the successful candidate we can offer:
- enthusiastic, friendly and hardworking students with excellent attitudes to learning;
- a caring and supportive department and wider school community;
- a commitment to professional development;
- full support and induction programme for all staff
- the opportunity to work effectively with other schools as part of a multi-academy trust.
For more information please take time to view via the links below. To apply please use the "apply" button and, write a letter of application (no more than 2 sides of A4) outlining your philosophy of education and send, along with your current CV, by email to Rebecca Krzyzosiak at email@example.com
Interviews: w/beg 26th March 2018 (TBC)
Miss Rebecca Krzyzosiak, PA to Headtacher, Kingdown School, Woodcock Road, WARMINSTER, Wiltshire BA12 9DR
Tel: 01985 224204 - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kingdown School, as part of the Acorn Education Trust, is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful in obtaining this post you will be subject to a Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and health screening.
DBS (Disclosure & Barring Services) check will be required for the successful candidate. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Acorn Education Trust CEO: Sara Edwards