Lead Practitioner Range, negotiable plus possible TLR
Fixed Term in the first instance, with potential to turn permanent
Inspire their remarkable with us
New Forest Academy is a successful and popular 11-16 community school adjacent to the New Forest National Park and we are proud to serve the South Waterside community in Hampshire.
As a small school we are fortunate to be able to really get to know each and every student. Staff who work here see this a real benefit and you will join a school where tailored CPD and effective communication is firmly embedded. Over the last 3 years we have made great strides in school improvement and in February 2018 we were judged to be a ‘good’ school in all areas.
We are seeking an outstanding maths practitioner to join New Forest Academy. The academy is Good and has an excellent local reputation. You will benefit from joining an academy that is rapidly moving towards outstanding practices in teaching and learning. We are looking for a candidate who is excited about teaching maths and inspires young people to achieve remarkable outcomes. This Lead Practitioner post will enable the successful candidate to gain important leadership experience. There is also the potential to work collaboratively across the country's largest multi-academy trust. Wide ranging professional development opportunities are available so that you can extend your career portfolio within an academy that cares about staff development.
Our students will make you feel proud to be a teaching professional and it is our duty to help enable them to make rapid and sustained progress so they achieve what they are capable of.
We want New Forest Academy to lead the way in teaching excellence and for all our staff and students to develop their maximum potential. Get on board and make a real difference to our children and to your career!
We actively welcome visits where you will have the opportunity to meet the Principal Karen Godsall and other members of the team. Please contact Karen Young on 0238 0245712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a visit and for any other questions/queries.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of over 60 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date: Wednesday 23 October 2019
Interview date: Friday 25 October 2019
This post is fixed term until July 31st 2020 in the first instance but with potential to turn permanent.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. For further information on this position and to make an application please click the 'Quick Apply' button below.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website http://www.academiesenterprisetrust.org/our-teaching-school/our-school-direct-teacher-training-vacancies for further details.