Monday-Friday 8.30am-3.30pm (Term-Time only, 39 weeks)
Salary- £16,500 per annum (actual salary)
To start 2nd September 2019
We require a dynamic, motivated, pro-active and well-organised individual who has the ability and skills to successfully support the Maths Department.
The position will see you dividing your time between supporting teaching staff, working 1:1 in the classroom or numeracy intervention. There will also be a requirement to cover maths teachers who are off absent/ attending unavoidable meetings. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on pupil’s lives.
All of our learners have EHCP’s and as a school we are proud to promote the development of life skills and social development as equal to academic achievement. West Heath School work towards the end goal of helping students re-integrate into mainstream learning and preparation for adulthood.
• Full driving licence and use of own vehicle
• Experience of working in schools (preferably SEN)
• Good subject knowledge in maths
• Confident to cover lessons within the department
• Fresh ideas and a good insight into how to support teachers
• Ready to learn new skills
• Willing to learn SEN teaching strategies and techniques
• Proactive, creative and innovative
• Emotionally robust and resilient
• Flexible, engaging and adaptable
• Free lunch and refreshments as well as free parking onsite
• Regular mentoring and coaching
• Regular training from internal and external experts
• Career progression opportunities
• Pension scheme
• Discounted venue hire for parties/weddings
Closing Date – Monday 1st July at 3.30pm
Interviews will be held on Friday 5th July
Application Form, Job Descriptions and further details are on our website www.westheathschool.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Working at West Heath School involves close and unsupervised contact with vulnerable groups including children and as such is a regulated activity. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the advert earlier than the advertised closing date should we find a suitable candidate.