Salary Range: $70,080 - $100,936
Position: Maths Teacher
Classification: Full-Time Contract
Contract Dates: 20th April 2020 until Friday 4th December 2020
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
At Ryan Catholic College we provide a Catholic education for both boys and girls from Prep to Year 12 on two campuses (Prep to Year 4 and Years 5 to 12). Our students are offered a diverse curriculum in modern, well-equipped facilities. Ryan Catholic College lives the Emmaus Story, inspiring students in their journey to a life of faith, service, compassion and learning. Our inclusive community challenges and prepares our young people to embrace their future with confidence and success.
Although the College is relatively young, it has an enviable reputation for providing an education which results in graduates who are well rounded young people. Academic excellence is sought and achieved, yet there is a broad education provided so that all who seek our values find a suitable pathway to attaining their goals.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
What we are looking for
We are seeking applications from passionate Secondary Teachers
or Graduates to commence at Ryan Catholic College.
This position is for a contract role
from Term 2 until the end of Term 4 2020. The contract dates are from 20th April 2020 until Friday 4th December 2020 on a full-time basis.
Graduate teachers are encouraged to apply!
To join this vibrant school community, you'll need:
- An innovative, proactive approach to student learning
- Experience and/or passion for teaching Maths
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication with students, parents, and staff
- QCoT registration or ability obtain
What we offer
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps, we also offer a range of additional benefits to our teachers, including:
- Competitive Salary Range: $70,080 - $100,936 (depending on experience)
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
Why work with Townsville Education Office
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Attach your current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
- Complete a written response outlining your suitability to the position
- Graduate teachers are encouraged to include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study.
- Employment for graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the national professional standards for teachers
Please see Position Description for further information about teaching in Catholic Education.
Applications close 4:00pm Friday 27th March 2020 unless filled prior.