Do you want to support an academy near you? We are looking for a Midday Meals Supervisor to join our team at Harris Primary Academy Purley Way , securing the safety, welfare and good conduct of pupils during the lunchtime break period.
The hours of work for this role will be 11:15-13:45, Monday to Friday, term time only.
Harris Primary Academy Purley Way has been open since 2016 and is Ofsted rated 'Outstanding' in all areas. At full capacity there will be 21 classes from Reception to Year 6. We opened with a Reception cohort and are growing by a year group at a time with currently over 350 pupils on roll from Reception to Year 5.
The whole community strive for Harris Primary Academy Purley Way to be the best it can possibly be which is encapsulated by our vision statement: “Excellence for All”. Our core values of: Positivity, Ambition and Growth, underpin everything that happens in our academy and we have high expectations that these are followed and modelled by all staff, parents and children.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Undertake direct supervision of pupils in designated areas, ensuring safe and orderly conduct.
- Assist with daily decisions on areas for pupil use e.g. wet lunchtimes.
- Be familiar with and support the safe use of children’s play equipment.
- Promote games and activities, motivating pupils during the lunchtime break, ensuring school rules regarding games allowed are met and that health and safety procedures are maintained.
- Support and supervise pupils in the dining area as appropriate e.g. encouragement to eat, help with choosing and cutting food, return of trays, cutlery etc.
- Support pupils in the play/other areas who may require assistance.
- Deal with minor incidents and first aid where appropriate, referring serious incidents to Senior Lunchtime Coordinator/Principal or nominated supervisor.
- Clean up spillages or debris around the dining/play areas to ensure the maintenance of good order, discipline and safety.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Training
- Understanding of the educational, social and welfare needs of pupils in the midday break
- Understanding of the importance of the meal and break as a social and educational occasion
- Experience of supervising pupils (individuals or groups) in a relevant age setting
Personal Skills, Abilities & Qualities
- Good spoken and written English
- Ability to encourage and inspire young people
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work effectively with people across a wide range of levels and responsibilities
- Ability to judge when advice/assistance is needed to meet pupil’s needs
- Ability to liaise with parents/carers in a professional manner observing the boundaries of the role and respecting confidential information
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us via e-mail, or call to arrange a conversation.
Before applying, please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your application.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate prior to the closing date. We only accept applications submitted online via our careers website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and advise you check the job information as per the listing on our careers site.
Professional Development & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
Harris Primary Academy Purley Way is a new academy, which opened in September 2016 as part of the Harris Federation: a London based charity that has more than 20 years’ experience of running successful schools in London. The brand new ...