Position: Middle School Teacher (Years 7-8)
Commencing Date: Term 1, 2021
Classification: Full Time, 6 month Contract
Salary Range: $73,629 - $106,045 pro rata pending experience
Closing Date: Thursday, 21st January 2021 unless filled prior
Southern Cross Catholic College, Annandale is a co-educational college that offers classes from Prep to Year 12. The College values effort, commitment and support and challenges students to become their best selves. In doing so, a college environment is provided in which students can grow holistically and promote activities, processes and structures that enhance a love of life.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff is recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
About the role
Southern Cross Catholic College is seeking applications from an experienced and enthusiastic Middle School Teacher to teach years 7 and 8. This role is a Full Time, Contract position for the duration of Semester 1, 2021.
To join in this vibrant school community, you'll need
- Innovative, proactive and flexible approach to student learning
- Established knowledge of, and experience in, curriculum initiatives
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication and collaboration with students, parents and staff
- Current Queensland College of Teaching Registration or ability to obtain before commencement
What we offer
- Competitive Salary starting:$73,629 - $106,045 pro rata pending experience
- Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Salary packaging options
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (in a co-contribution arrangement)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate health insurance
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
- Well-being programs and initiatives
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the key accountabilities of the role identified in the position description
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
Please see the Position Description for more information.
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close 5pm Thursday, 21st January 2021 unless filled prior.
View other vacancies here
Diocese of Townsville Catholic Education