The successful applicant will:
• have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
• hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
• be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
We are seeking a suitably qualified Middle Years History Teacher for 2020. Assisi Catholic College requires staff members who can work independently and are flexible, creative and energised by the challenges of teaching in a contemporary college.
• Be registered with the Queensland College of Teachers
• Be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment
• Be able to work as part of a dynamic team: planning, assessing and working with teachers from Prep to Year 12.
With your application, please provide details of:
• Academic qualifications
• Teaching experience (year levels / subjects taught)
• Names of two referees
• Willingness and ability to support the ethos of a Catholic school
• Ability to effectively integrate learning technology in the classroom
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff, parents and students
All applications must be received online through the Brisbane Catholic Education website “Catholic Jobs Online” (http://www.bne.catholic.edu.au/bce-employment).
No applications can be received via the College.
Applications close on Thursday 22 August at 2:00pm.
Assisi Catholic College is a beautiful, master planned P – 12 co-educational college, administered by Brisbane Catholic Education with an approximate enrolment of 1400 students. Assisi Catholic College requires staff members who can work independently and are flexible, creative and energised by the challenges of teaching in a contemporary college. Our contemporary facilities and models of schooling cater for individual, teacher-supported independent learning, community-based programs, flexible spaces and innovative learning technologies in a 1:1 environment. There are four phases of learning: Early Years (Prep – Year 3), Junior Years (Year 4 – Year 6), Middle Years (Year 7 – Year 9) and Senior Years (Year 10 –12). Assisi is an authentic P-12 college characterised by continuity and connectedness across all phase of learning and activities. The College is data informed and uses this data to guide learning and teaching which aims to create self directed learners throughout the phases of learning. Assisi Catholic College has as its patrons St. Francis and St. Clare. Consequently, it has a particular commitment to the Gospel values of peace, love, truth, social justice and ecology. Assisi's commitment to environmental sustainability is evident in the built environment and through a range of energy efficient practices. Peace through Justice is the college motto.
Visit our school website here
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Rondah Lock
Contact Telephone Number: 5656 7100
Contact Email: email@example.com
Estimated Start Date January 2020
Employment Tenure Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term") 2020
Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2012-2015
Please ensure you use your own email address when applying. If you do not have an email address you can set up a free email account with providers such as Yahoo (www.yahoo.com.au) or Hotmail (www.hotmail.com), etc.
Role Description - Teacher Opens in new window
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window