This post can be based at any of our 25 campuses nationally
OneSchool Global UK is part of the OneSchool Global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 20 countries worldwide, our 9,000 students are benefiting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods such as Self-Directed Learning.
Our organisation is looking to recruit a National Business Studies & Accounts Teacher to support our students up to A Level. Teaching will be both face to face and online, by video conferencing, to our campuses nationally.
We operate a flipped and self-directed style of teaching and learning which involves the use of pre-recorded video tutorials, online self-directed learning assignments via our ‘Canvas’ Learning Platform, as well as live video conferencing classes, small group and one to one scenarios. The monitoring of student progress and timely provision of appropriate feedback and individual support is regarded as essential to ensuring the success of the role.
N.B. Visits prior to application are warmly welcomed so you can come and see for yourself what makes OneSchool Global UK such a special and unique place to work
N.B. This position is open to NQTs.
• Plan and deliver high quality learning experiences for students: face to face and online
• Use media technology to create and support learning that is interesting to a wide range of students
• Use Flipped learning techniques to maximise pupils’ self-directed learning (SDL)
• Use the ‘Canvas’ Learning Management System (LMS) for all assignments, lessons and study material – to ensure a blended learning experience
• Prepare lesson material in a way that maximises its accessibility, with no barriers to students with additional educational needs
• Demonstrate active reflection by engaging in constant evaluation of own and students’ performance
• Mark, assess, give precise feedback and report on students work and progress in line with school policy
• Communicate regularly and effectively with students, parents and other school staff about students’ academic and personal progress
• To set an example of positive personal integrity and professionalism, with positive, appropriate and effective communications and relationships at all levels
• Possess recent experience of teaching Business to KS4 and KS5
• Preferably possess the ability to teach A Level Accounting as a second subject
• Have a proven and demonstrable record of highly successful classroom-based practise
• Have a good grasp of technology and its use in education
• Be a highly motivated and excellent classroom practitioner
• Knowledge of the National Curriculum for Business and Accounts including examinations’ syllabus specifications
• Be able to plan ahead with a structured approach
• Have an approach to student progress that ensures each and every one is supported to fulfil their true potential
• Be a real team player with a pro-active and positive approach to teaching
• Modern approach to teaching via Self-Directed Learning
• An excellent working environment with good resources
• Modest class sizes of around 15 students on average
• Supportive Trustees and an involved community who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
• Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
• Active and committed parents and carers
• A competitive salary including a staff laptop along with Teachers Pension contributions
• Excellent premises and lovely grounds providing an excellent learning environment
• The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
• Professional support from OneSchool Global UK, equivalent to 100 hours per academic year, with up to 30 hours at our Teacher Academy - our brand-new skills centre which is driving progress in learning and teaching throughout OneSchool Global UK
Please visit our website for more information about OneSchool Global UK; http://www.oneschoolglobal.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
For a pre-application discussion or to arrange a visit, please telephone Melissa Podlaski on 0330 055 5600, or email email@example.com for an application pack.
Closing Date for applications: Friday 28th June 2019
Interviews will take place week commencing: 1st July 2019
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
All of our campuses within OneSchool Global UK are committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment