Manchester Academy is vibrant, dynamic and forward thinking teaching community which embraces diversity and is committed to ensuring the success of our students. We are located on the outskirts of the world famous Manchester City Centre which means excellent transport links into Manchester and the North-West.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Numeracy Coordinator to join our vibrant, dynamic and forward-thinking school with cutting-edge facilities and a nurturing environment to start January 2018.
As the Numeracy Co-Ordinator you will use you support the Curriculum Area Leader in ensuring that Manchester Academy students succeed in the acquisition and development of numeracy skills and gain appropriate qualifications within this subject, you will also raise attainment in numeracy and Mathematics across the academy to close the gap between students’ levels of progress in mathematics.
We are currently looking to appoint an individual who has;
• Achieved Qualified Teacher status.
• A degree or equivalent in the subject to be taught.
• Experience in teaching and the ability to motivate a diverse student body.
• Ability to use a range of Assessment for learning strategies effectively
In return we will provide you with;
• The opportunity to work alongside our dedicated and hardworking Math’s Department.
• Support with CPD and Development needs.
• A positive and modern environment in which to work in.
Please read the Job Description in the link above for further details on this post.
Manchester Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, therefore as part of the Safer Recruitment process, references will be requested if shortlisted for the position. Manchester Academy is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in employment. Appointment will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced DBS check.